Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Photo Dump

“The soul without imagination is what an observatory would be without a telescope.”
- Henry Ward Beecher -

There is an overload of camera equipment sold everywhere these days that you can use to snap photos to your heart’s delight. But no store can sell you the most important creative tool of all for taking pictures: imagination.

Everyone has imagination inside them. Unleash it, and put it to work. The world is a much more interesting place when your imagination runs rampant.

Below is a collection of images taken when my imagination was set free.

Talk about contrasts in architecture! Urban sprawl is not always pretty.


It's that time again...pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies...pumpkin everything...


This is taken in a ghost town. Now, look inside the windows on the left. Do you see them? Creepy...

Some people are not ready to let go of summer.


Go ahead, help yourself to some candy. They're on me.


I do it all the time...


A friend I made on the weekend. Isn't she (or he) beautiful?


Will pose for peanuts!

Will pose for roadkill. (!)

How can you not find inner peace in such a setting?

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!

28 comments:

  1. Martha, are those figures in the windows of the ghost town picture painted on or are they cut outs?? - they really gave me a queasy feeling when I saw them. Great photos as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, Francie. I didn't notice them until after we got home and I unloaded my photos. They could be cut outs, or even mannequins. I just wonder if someone positioned them that way on purpose. For fun!

      Delete
  2. I want some candy!! And I love pumpkin everything as well. I love that last photo...how tranquil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of pumpkin recipes, too! Mmmm...mmmm....

      Delete
  3. oh that was a creepy shot with the people in the window! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I see them in the windows! Ooooo, chills! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun discovering those 'people' in the windows! Oh yeah, chills!

      Delete
  5. Photo #1 is absolutely stunning, Martha. As in "24x36 poster from Staples" stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Girl I get shivers of delight looking at your posts, I love each and everyone of of them with a yikes thrown in, you are a wonderful, imaginative photographer, oh please never change...oh and the windows, if it's in Canada I'd move right in if I could have the entire building and yes more yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes but everybody likes Canadians, I hope lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine. You are very sweet! It looks like the entire building is empty. And all the buildings attached seemed the same. So you'd have a lot of space to yourself! But, it's not in Canada, so it's not available to us. Not that easily, anyways!

      Delete
  7. Forgot to say, last one; phenomenal, tells me the magic for me, it isn't it over, not by a long shot...thank you so much Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just have to say that I love you so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks, Birdie! It would have been fun if you were closer. We'd be friends. I'm sure of it.

      Delete
  9. Ooooohhhhh, I want to go to that ghost town and I'm getting a pumpkin facial tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ghost towns! Their decline is sad, but the photography opportunities are fabulous. A pumpkin facial? Now, that's interesting! Have fun!

      Delete
  10. it actually felt a lot like autumn today. It's been kinda mild summer feeling all week, but hopefully it will go in full force by halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your autumn must be different from ours. Our weather will get much colder, much faster!

      Delete
  11. Martha, that last photo took my breath away.
    So serene , so peaceful.
    You have some wonderful shots in this collection.
    Love that horse.
    Love all these photos.
    Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment, Margie! That last photo was taken in a very quiet area. It was a spot that I could have stayed at for hours! So peaceful...

      Delete
  12. I love these all. Just fantastic. But I give the number one spot to PUMPKINS EVERYTHING :-)

    ReplyDelete