Friday, November 29, 2013

And That’s A Wrap For November

This is the last post for November. Can you believe that this month is coming to an end? It just zipped right by. Time seems to be speeding up now that I’m older. Does it feel the same for you? Or are you still young enough that you don’t notice?


Last night I decided to go through the Christmas decorations to select a few items to add around our home and make it more festive. And of course, my cats – like always - had to help. By jumping in and out of the storage boxes and running away with things and sitting stubbornly on top of stuff and chewing on everything. Anyone who has – or has ever had – a cat understands very well the way cats "help". It was the most excitement they'd had all day. Probably all month.

Anyhow, I finally managed to do what I set out to do, and the cats went back to doing what they do best: sleeping. And this morning when I woke up, all the decorations were still in place, and in one piece, so my cats aren't that bad...the little stinkers.


And that’s a wrap for November, folks. I wish you all a lovely weekend!

I've included a silly video that pretty much summarizes what Christmas means to kitties.



20 comments:

  1. I know many people hate November, but it's one of my favorite months. So quiet and peaceful - unless we have a gale. I agree that time does seem to move more quickly as we age. Not sure what that means...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it all depends on what you like doing. I enjoy gardening and photography, and November is not the best time for either one, although you can find some nice things to photograph during this time of year. And there are a lot of people in this area that enjoy outdoor activities that require warmer weather, so this time of year sucks for them! So if the month works for you then it's a good month :)

      Delete
  2. cute video, you've reminded me to get my decorations up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HRH sings that kitty carol all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time does indeed seem to be flying by. This whole year has gone by in a flash, it seems. Yes, kitties love to "help." We haven't put up the tree yet, but we're prepared for Chase Bird to get into things. We'll just try to keep him safe and the damage to a minimum. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing to do; make sure they're safe, and decorate in a way that doesn't create too much damage!

      Delete
  5. "And of course, my cats – like always - had to help. By jumping in and out of the storage boxes and running away with things and sitting stubbornly on top of stuff and chewing on everything"..... your write ups reflect your inner sense of humor. Had fun while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something silly brewing inside...hahahaha...

      Delete
  6. LOL that's hilarious, I caught on eventually with my male cat the only way he won't get the tree down with everything in it is not that I put it high enough, but that there's nothing around it he can climb and jump from...the little brat...he's such a tease have a great Christmas decor day I've put up my tree it's a little tree ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's smart thinking! I've done that many times, and eventually the entire lower part of the tree is bare. Hahahaha... Looks so funny!

      Delete
  7. Geesh! If time is zipping by for you, imagine how it is for us!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... I'll know when I get there, Jim, which will be soon enough!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn. I'll do my best to make them special!

      Delete
  9. Happy December, Martha! Oh yes, all of our cats helped with the Christmas decorating too. Had to check out ever box, pull things out and run away with them... anything on a piece of ribbon or string... but the tree still stands and not one broken ornament! ... yet... ...

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas season! Hugs, Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bird, and a happy December to you! Cats are really entertaining this time of year. I must say that mine are pretty good; not too much trouble!

      Delete