Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Photo Dump

"To the vast majority of people a photograph is an image of something within their direct experience:
a more-or-less factual reality. It is difficult for them to realize that the photograph can be the source
of experience, as well as the reflection of spiritual awareness of the world and of self."
- Ansel Adams -

Nothing makes me more aware of the world around me than when I stop and focus on my surroundings with camera in hand. Before I frame my image and press the shutter button, I pause, look around, breathe deeply, reflect and listen. At that moment, I am deeply conscious of the sights, smells and sounds that cloak me. I am alive. I exist. Right now. On this beautiful planet. What an amazing thing this is. This thing we call life.

Here is this week’s round of photos...


♪♫ And if the wind is right you can sail away and find tranquility ♫♪

Chained together.

Contrasting colours.
A whole lotta green!

Someone worth crossing the bridge for...

Feeling a little knotted up?

Whenever I see a tractor, I get the urge to climb on it!

A glimpse of Old Fort Niagara in Youngstown, New York.
We didn't get a chance to tour the area because we arrived when they were closing. *sigh*
Lynx, the wildcat, says "NO" to being leashed.
Lake Ontario earlier this year. When we were able to wear sandals... *sigh*
A good day to all of you!

28 comments:

  1. Sometimes, when I'm out without a camera, I'll pretend that I have one and take a mental snapshot, just to create that momentary sense of focus and attention and memory-fixing. I love your picture of the yellow knot, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. My eyes are always locking on something, camera or not. There is just so much to see and enjoy.

      Delete
  2. I love how you capture the beauty in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's easy enough to do. There's a lot of beauty around!

      Delete
  3. Awww I love the lynx. And I love your description at the beginning of how you like to take everything in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lynx is beautiful. What an amazing animal. So sad to see it leashed like that.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! As always I marvel at that expanse of land and nature. I love the lynx too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no end to how much beauty there is in this world. I'm capturing a tiny part of it!

      Delete
  5. My Rare One has a tractor / machinery fetish too. Whenever she sees one, she has to climb on it. I have so many photos of her sitting on various types of machinery, it's unreal. Even at the airport, she had to climb on a security guard's segway and make me take a photo. Good thing his back was turned for a couple of minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is much braver than I am! I hardly, if ever, attempt such a thing. I also love the sounds machines make when they are taking off/departing and/or their engines are starting. Airplanes, trains, etc; I love them.

      Delete
  6. I like your 'process' Martha.....no wonder your photos almost speak to us.
    Really like the 'Old Fort' and Tractor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to further explore that old fort. I bet it would have been really interesting. Maybe next time...

      Delete
  7. I will sigh with you on the sandals. *sigh*

    As always, your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...sandals...sigh. I love them. I hate being back in socks and closed up shoes!

      Delete
  8. I love your photo dumps! some really amazing pics. Lake Ontario looks so beautiful and tranquil ... but then the lynx not so much! I don't blame him for wanting off that leash! Loved the lighting in the Fort Niagara one ... just gorgeous. sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many beautiful parks near Lake Ontario. I love hanging around them to take photos. We're fortunate to live so close to it. That old fort looked really nice. It's too bad we missed the opportunity to explore it!

      Delete
  9. Just lovely photos today! And oh to wear sandals again soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope the next few months zip by quickly, so we can get back into our sandals!

      Delete
  10. The way you describe your connection with everything around you in the moment is completely magical. I just love it. The subject matter of your photos is always beautiful to me and I was surprised that my favorite one was the Old Fort Niagara. There is something haunting about it and it seems to call out through time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something, isn't there, about that old fort? Maybe the history of it makes it haunting. Spirits of the past present? I don't know. But there's something!

      Delete
  11. That poor guy looks so unhappy on his leash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sigh indeed....how lovely I love what you wrote about being in the moment and in some strange very different way what you say resembles what i said today on my photo blog...both introverts, I guess it's bound to happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as introverts, our thinking aligns. We feel it inward when we look at the world around us!

      Delete