Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Photo Dump

“As long as you're having fun and you're doing what you want to do, who cares what everyone else has to say?”
- unknown -

Like anything else, photography comes with a slew of rigid rules and criticisms; from how to carry your camera to avoid looking like a tourist to how to hold it when you snap a photo so that you don’t appear to be an amateur, and on and on.

You know what photography is? It’s about capturing moments. Being creative. Relaxing. Enjoying yourself. And you won’t be doing any of that if you waste your time worrying about the way you appear to others. So stop that. Get out there and take photos. Have a good time. And carry your camera around whatever damn way you please.

Here’s another round of photos taken while I walked around looking more like a tourist than a ‘real’ photographer...


After autumn splendour comes autumn decay.


Perched up high to watch over his kingdom.


Driving through the downtown area of Peterborough, Ontario. We visited the area in early August.


Enjoying a little quiet time by Lake Ontario in September.


Looks like this place needs a paint job. Or a wrecking ball...


My favourite backyard critter posing for the camera in exchange for peanuts.


Jones Falls, one of the most beautiful lockstations on the Rideau Canal, was completed in 1832.


One of the many sunsets we encountered this summer at Lake Ontario Park.

Because sometimes you just have to park on the wall.


"No, please, go on. I find your story riveting."

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!

26 comments:

  1. Just lovely photos today Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine collection today. Love the sign with the truck on the wall, and the barn window is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That truck in the wall is very interesting; just had to photograph that!

      Delete
  3. That first photo is a real attention grabber! I think it's the blue accents among the leaves. Blue isn't usually found much in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photo mania, superb each in their own way bravo Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos ! Great post . Oh believe me I couldn't care what I look like taking photos as there are lots of times I can get myself in a predicament and strange positions to get that shot lol ! Photography is a passion for me it is soothing , calming and all out fun , I see in images . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on all that. It wouldn't be fun if I wasted time trying to live up to rigid rules and standards!

      Delete
  6. These are great Martha! love the goat, and that squirrel ... cheeky little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Monopoly cartoon! We had had many, many family fights over Monopoly so my mom forbid us to play.

    My husband is from Peterborough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about that game that gets people are riled up, but it's true; that's exactly what happens!

      Oh, I didn't know that about your husband. It was our first visit to Peterborough this summer. I thought it was a very beautiful city.

      Delete
  8. I think it's necessary to park on a wall some time. I really do. Pretty purples amongst the leaf dying. The lifespan of a leaf.... 9 months? well, now that's interesting. March through November? The sun is shining.. I don't know what to do. take a picture of the sun shining ... just might do it.

    Great photography as always, Martha... love the little ol squrrell ~ has a small tail for a squirrel... do Canadian squirrels have small tails? or was this guy's tail unique... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes you certainly need to park on the wall. It's just one of those things :)

      That little critter is actually a chipmunk; much smaller than a squirrel, and thus, the much smaller tail! Cute as buttons these little critters.

      Delete
    2. morning, Martha ;) I thought it looked like a chipmunk but your photographic skills! with such a closeup ... sooooooo cute! it's AntiquityTravelers' fault... lol... I thought well? that's a mighty tiny tailed squirrell! HAhaaa.... what do I know about Canadian squirrels.

      it is 24 DEGREES here ... in the SOUTH .... we do NOT do cold well... but boy is the sun coming out ... crisp blue skies with leaves still turning ... very pretty

      I know it isn't Thanksgiving in Canada ~ y'all's was a week ago? but Happy Day anyway .... ;)

      Delete
    3. Hahaha...well, at least there's someone to blame...hahaha...

      Hope your day is a good one, Carolyn. It is quite cold here today. I can box some of it up if you'd like and send it your way. I don't need so much of it...hahaha...

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos Martha, I really do love that chipmunk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favourite backyard critters. So cute - and entertaining!

      Delete
  10. I think I have a wrecking ball lying around here somewhere lol
    Love the photos, the 1/2 truck especially stands out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can mail that wrecking ball over, Lisa! Hahaha...

      Delete
  11. I don't know how you hold your camera, but you do an excellent job in getting the photos! These are stunning. That first photo of the leaves is interesting--is the blue mold? And the chipmunk is precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina; that's very kind.

      The shade is a blue-black. Very interesting when I saw that on the leaves.

      Delete