Monday, December 2, 2013

Chuckles and Chortles

Happy December, everyone! We are in the last month of the year. It’s hard to believe that we’ll be wrapping up 2013 very soon, isn’t it? But before we do that there’s Christmas to look forward to; my favourite holiday of the year. And for that reason, you’ll be bombarded with festive posts throughout the month. You’ve been warned!

Did you all have a nice weekend? I certainly hope so. Mine was very quiet. The biggest event was when we put up the Christmas tree. But it’ll start getting very busy this week as we head toward the holidays. In addition to the shopping that needs to be tackled and the Christmas cards that need to be written up, there’s all the baking that needs to get done. From cake pops to candies to cookies...there are a whole lotta goodies that I’m planning to make. And share. So, if you find yourself in my city later this month, stop by my place for a coffee/tea and some sweets. Okay?

Alright, so let’s move along to today’s ‘holiday’ humour...









I wish you all a wonderful month. Let the festivities begin!

30 comments:

  1. LOL Santa is hoping that man doesn't have a bowel movement sitting on his lap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, will be doing some baking and making candies....I think I will make cookies that look just like me. LOL Thanks for sharing Martha and have a Maury Christmas (hee, hee).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the time of year that I truly enjoy making homemade treats. 'Tis the season, after all! Enjoy, Cathy. I bet your home with smell wonderful!

      Delete
  3. OMG, I have SOOOOOOO many people I want to share that Facebook status joke with but they probably would not even get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, let's start the celebration, love your comic strips always makes me smile and laugh when it's one of those 1 hour at a time, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis the season, Lorraine! This is my favourite holiday of the year. I am excited!

      Delete
  5. Oh boy, a couple of these are priceless! The cat on Xmas eve really hit a nerve. Been there done that - and paid for it! The Calvin Klein one made me laugh too! Enjoy your month of Christmasing. Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a terrible way to spend the holiday...at the vets! Those vets bills can be astronomical. If only our pets understood what they do to us!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the chuckes! Enjoy your baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Christine! I'm happy to put a smile on your face.

      Delete
  7. LOL ! Cute thanks for the funnies ! Love your header of snowmen ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And I hope you are enjoying your day.

      Delete
  8. Hopefully, Santa will wait until grandpa is off of his lap to deliver that bowel movement.

    Happy December, Martha.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. HahaHa! Great way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you start if off with a chuckle, you're already on the right track!

      Delete
  10. These are so cute! I love the one of the cat and the sweater options. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laugh with that one because people dress their animals up this time of year, and I'm sure some of those pets can't stand it!

      Delete
  11. Happy December, Martha! I would LUV to stop by your house for coffee and sweets.... my kingdom for a jet suit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, I would LUV to have you over! We'd have a great time together. If I ever head south, you can bet that I'll meet up with you.

      Delete
  12. Maxine is the best! I want to be like her when I am old. Don't give a sh*t what comes out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she sure is the best! Those cartoons always make me laugh out loud.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the warning Martha!! lol
    And you better get that kettle on....never know who will be in town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you happen to be in town, Jim, I'll consider that a blessing!

      Delete