Monday, December 16, 2013

Chuckles and Chortles

Happy Monday, everyone. Another weekend has come and gone, and I hope it was good to you. Hey, it’s Christmas next week. Can you believe that? And 2014 is right around the corner. The days are just zipping right by, which isn’t such a bad thing since it means spring will be here before you know it. Woot!

The weekend was quite cold, and we got another dump of snow. But honestly, it wasn’t that bad. I spent most of my life in Montreal where there were mountains of snow after a storm, and let me tell you, what I woke up to yesterday morning was a ‘meh’ amount compared to that. In fact, we spent most of the day out and about without a problem.

Speaking of out and about, most of yesterday was spent doing Christmas shopping; my first holiday shopping trip this year, actually. I’m very late. I’m usually done very early in December, but I seem to be dragging my feet this month. Anyhow, I was reminded of two things yesterday: 1) Yes, I really do not like shopping and 2) Yes, I really am an introvert.

How in the world are people ‘on’ all the time? I was ‘on’ for a few hours and came home feeling like I’d been hit by a truck.

Anyhow, let’s move onto the funny stuff, shall we? Here we go...









Make it a great day!

26 comments:

  1. Why don't you like shopping? Is it because of the crowd or the artificial shopping malls? I really liked that black cat who is exploring the Christmas lights and wishing us merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't mind crowds, but Christmas crowds are different. Despite it being the season of 'goodwill', people are more aggressive and inconsiderate. Quite a contradiction to the spirit of the holiday. The other thing is that shopping is not the way I like to spend my time. I'd rather be outdoors exploring, traveling, photographing...

      Delete
  2. Love them all. Thank you for the morning chuckle! We ventured out as well, and I didn't buy a thing. And I haven't started shopping yet... there is a lot of crap out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, oodles of it. And it seems that the more crap people have, the more they want!

      Delete
  3. Loved the funnies here! And yes only 9 days til Christmas! Have a wonderful Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved them all but especially the last two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love starting anyday with chuckles, thanks sweetie, your cat looks so much like my 2 (my ex3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cat thing it was meant to be on Kim's blog because of her header, my head fills full of mush I think I'm starting a cold...lol

      Delete
  6. You started my Monday off with a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Thanks for the good laugh. Always a good way to start the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kinds puts things into perspective, Martha!! lol Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to laugh, Jim. And take lots of photographs. Two wonderful ways to stay sane in this crazy world.

      Delete
  9. Love your Mondays, Martha! I am so blessed to have a Hubby who braves the stores for gifts (admittedly just a few gifts, as we are the ultimate cheapskates). I can't stand shopping/spending at ANY time, Christmas just sharpens the nails on the chalkboard LOL. Thanks for another great chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping is just not my thing. There are so many other fun and wonderful ways for me to spend my time. How much crap do people need, anyway?

      Delete