Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Just One More Sleep Till Christmas Morning

“Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past.
Today's Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow,
and reliving those of yesterday.”
- Gladys Taber -


And so here we are...the day before Christmas. On one end I’m excited that my favourite holiday is finally here, but on the other, it saddens me that it will soon be over. Such is time.


Ah, time. It has picked up speed as I get older. This is one reason I embrace only what’s positive. Somewhere along the way, all those little things I worried about in my youth, and all those toxic people I stressed over stopped registering on my concern meter. Life is simply too short for that nonsense.


Getting older helped, but my brother’s premature death two years ago really put things in perspective. Death, particularly of a loved one, is a harsh reminder of one’s own mortality, vulnerabilities and limitations. It reminds us that our stay here is temporary, perishing at any moment, thus forcing us to reflect on our lives and what really matters.

Who really matters.

My beautiful daughter. She makes every Christmas matter.
Many years from now, the gifts you open tonight or tomorrow morning will be long forgotten. But the memories you create with the people you love will come to mind again and again.

I wish you all a beautiful Christmas Eve as you create your own wonderful memories.

Here’s an adorable video clip to make you smile.


14 comments:

  1. All very nice pictures with a fun video to boot. Poor little pup though, no blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought the same thing when I saw the video. Lying in the cold like that...poor thing...

      Delete
  2. You're absolutely right, Martha! Have a wonderful Christmas and make many happy new memories too! Love that video -- going to send it to friends who have a cute little Jack Russell terrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This video is adorable. Makes me want to go out and get a dog. Hmmm...not really...hahaha... Merry Christmas, Debra!

      Delete
  3. lovely post on the true meaning of Christmas and cute video awww...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! You have totally captured the true meaning of this time! Merry Christmas to you and your family, and hugs from your neighbor to the south! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Mary! And welcome. It's always nice to see new people here!

      Delete
  5. Very well said! May we all remember what is important. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what it's all about. Merry Christmas, Tina!

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!! Love that dog waiting for Santa and your daughter is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete