Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Awkward Christmas

I received a greeting card from the friends who visited us this past summer, and it’s  in the style of a photo card. There’s an image of the whole family on the front, and it’s quite beautiful. Definitely not one of those hilarious awkward family Christmas pictures you find scattered all over the internet.

These are the type of photos I have. Why did we have to be such a normal family?
On the left: my dad holding his godchild. In the middle: I'm sitting on my mom's lap.
On the right: my two brothers sitting on my uncle's lap; he's first cousins with my mom.
I don’t have any outrageous family holiday snapshots, but I think it would be fun to. They make for great stories, and future generations could laugh at us. Maybe I should convince the family to create some. Hmmm...

In the meantime, we can laugh at other families. Here are a few hilarious awkward family Christmas pictures that I ran across this week. Enjoy!


Where can I get me some of those gift box shoes?


Um...someone should tell them the position is already filled.


You just know this baby will need therapy in the future.


I bet this cat ran away after this picture was taken.


WTF?? Can you imagine receiving this at Christmas?


He's just loving that holiday sweater, and getting ready to sing ♫♪ The Sound of Music ♪♫


Priceless!


Overly friendly, warm (albeit corny) sweaters, coffee drinkers...hmmm...Canadians?

And lest we forget pets posing with Santa...


You can always depend on cats to screw things up.

Do you have funny family Christmas pictures?

32 comments:

  1. It's 5:30 am and I am trying not to laugh out loud and wake everyone up. WHAT were they THINKING???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were not thinking at all! These images are now floating around the internet for all eternity :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of these!!! The diaper one caused so much comment controversy on my blog on Monday my warped and wacky mind couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL oh I can't stop laughing. The dude in the holiday sweater is cracking me UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are hilarious, thanks for sharing lol. The things people do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha, these are great! Those poor animals, forced to be complicit in such idiocy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those poor animals! That's where my sympathy is...lol...

      Delete
  6. you figure cats would be mad at Santa not each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think so, but they turn on each other instead.

      Delete
  7. The 'fig leaf' family!!!! I can just imagine this and a couple of old family photos....'photoshopped' of course!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Receiving a Christmas card with a leaf family type of image would just freak me out!

      Delete
  8. Oh how funny! I hope that is the spirit most of them were hoping to capture because some are a tad, how shall we say - embarrassing? Mary, Joseph and Fido? Oh well, to each their own I guess! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to believe that many of them were purposely being silly.

      Delete
  9. wow .... I can't image getting any of those cards! gift box shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Receiving one of these would certainly be quite a surprise, and some more surprising than others!

      Delete
  10. Defiantly get all kinds don't you ? lol ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great. Though that one looks like that Vin Diesel guy. Only I don't know how to spell his name. The happy chap in the Christmas sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that, but now that you mention it...hmmm...you are probably right.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the laugh. Surprising what some families do in their photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am laughing so hard! These are hilarious. What were they thinking indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post always give me a good chuckle. some of these are absolutely hilarious. I like your family photo because of the color in the photos at that time and the clothing styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That family photo certainly depicts how far back in time it was taken! That's what I like about these images.

      Delete
  15. These are really awkward and some kind of creepy! Makes that recent Christmas video of the family dancing around in their pj's seem normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some are kind of creepy! I can't imagine being in some of these photos and having it floating around on the internet!

      Delete
  16. I think not having awkward family photos is a good thing. They now end up of the Internet. FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Birdie! They do float on the internet forever.

      Delete