Friday, December 27, 2013

Photos Help Us Look Back And Remember

As always, I took a lot of photos while we were in Montreal. Capturing moments. Freezing time. I am so grateful for the ability to do this. When I look at an image, I am transported back to that moment. The place. The person. What better way to remember the past than through photographs.

My older daughter smiling as she opens one of her gifts.
Photos capture a single fleeting moment. They speak a thousand words without making a sound. And each one has a story to tell.

Below is a video of some of the most powerful photos of 2013.


Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

18 comments:

  1. That made me sob like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that was very powerful. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow indeed catches you by the heart and squeezes...be well my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. These are the types of images I enjoy taking.

      Delete
  5. I'm watching ET and they're doing a ~ who we lost this year ~ segment ... and well, I just watched your video and so... it's been quite a year!

    and oh, me, Martha ... such a sweet natural looking beauty ... how precious is she ~ oh, sigh... my kiddos left this afternoon to go to the inlaws... BUT I've got pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn. It shocks me sometimes how grown up she is. I still remember her as a toddler! Oh, how the years go by...

      Delete
  6. What a lovely photo of your daughter, Martha! And such a contrast to the photos of the year ~ what a year we've had! I like to freeze time too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is beautiful, and she looks like her mommy.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete