Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Magical Sounds Of Christmas

There are so many beautiful things to see during the holidays, but there are also beautiful things to hear. When we think of Christmas sounds, music comes to mind. But there’s so much more. Like the gentle clank that ornaments make when they bump against each other; the rustling sound of gift wrapping paper as you cover presents; the excitement in the voices of children as they whisper their wishes for Christmas to Santa; the jingling of shop door bells as you enter; the crinkling of parchment paper as you place cookie dough on it...

These are just a few endearing holiday sounds that we are so used to hearing that we barely notice they are there.


Below is a wonderful video depicting the magical sounds of Christmas. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Which sounds do you associate with this holiday season?

24 comments:

  1. The pop of the champagne is the best. Of course that sound is not just a holiday noise for me. Tee, Hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pop following by the "guzzle guzzle" :) Perfect combo!

      Delete
  2. Finally found the sound, I love this I hope you have the best Christmas ever and a miracle or two just 'cause you should have it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! And I'm so glad you found your sound. Now you can listen to all the fun stuff.

      Delete
  3. Lovely video Martha, yes Christmas is fast approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and fun. Love the cookies coming out of the oven and the latte cup hitting the counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookies coming out of the oven hit all the senses - sound, sight, smell, touch (when you pick one up) and TASTE (when you pop it into your mouth)! Mmm...

      Delete
  5. The sound of cutting wrapping paper resonates with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great one! And I love when the scissors just slide right across.

      Delete
  6. The food preparation does it for me.....the sounds from the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all those sounds! but going to have to say my favorite is the sound of the fire (and its warmth!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just one week until christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wold love to her the voices of my mom and dad again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the best sound of all. I feel the same way about my father and brother, Francie!

      Delete
  10. The sound of my Christmas tree shaking and rattling as my cat plays with the ornaments dangling at the bottom. Merry Christmas Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a fun sound, Cathy! I hope you are having a lovely time so far as we head toward Christmas.

      Delete