Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Photobombing

Photobombing (the unexpected appearance of an unintended subject in the camera’s field of view as the picture is taken) has been around since photography began. And I bet you’ll find some funny ones in your own photographs. You may even have done some photobombing of your own. I certainly have. And it seems I started at a very young age, too. Together with my brother.

Here we are photobombing a picture my dad was taking of my mom. I’m running in from the right, and my brother is lurking in the background.

Such fun! I hadn’t noticed this image until recently when I started to look through old photo albums.

There is no shortage of photobombs on the internet. And some of them are so darn funny. Here are just a few examples:

Fish are doing some of their own photobombing.

Cats...always cats. And so much more fun when they're creepy.

Someone found Waldo, but this pigeon decided to photobomb the image, and destroy the proof.

Yes, even grandmas want in.

And here’s a video to tickle your funny bone:



Have you ever photobombed an image?

26 comments:

  1. You look like you're having a blast in that first picture!! And what's your brother up to back there?? haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was probably clowning around in some way. He was a real ham when he was little.

      Delete
  2. I did not really know this term, sort of like bloopers, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. didn't even see the cat until you pointed it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! We have several of these ourselves mostly of cats being in the frame suddenly. One second, it's just the humans, next second, it's a blur of fur or a foot, or an eye and an ear or a tail... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have photobombed myself plenty of times. Not on purpose of course. Lol. These are all hilarious. I especially love the glowing eyed lurking kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comical, indeed! What gems! I can't stop smiling. I love all of them. Never heard of the term photobombing - just assume they were bloopers. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for my photography hobby, I wouldn't know that term either. I've run across it in articles I've read.

      Delete
  7. These are wonderfully funny. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photo bombs? I'd never heard of that before but it makes perfect sense . I wonder how many photo bombs are photo shopped out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on, Red. I bet some of them are not real. Some have been made to be added to the internet!

      Delete
  9. Our older cat sleeps 23 hours a day but manages to show up in all our pictures. Nobody could convince me that this is coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...you are probably right! Sneaky little furball :)

      Delete
  10. Hahaaa ... how cute are you running and giggling! these are funny, Martha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at these old photos and can't help but smile. My childhood was pretty awesome, especially because of my brother who was my best buddy.

      Delete
  11. Too funny! You're amazing at finding things to make us laugh! I'm still giggling over "He has no idea!" Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats...those darn cats! LOL... They are everywhere.

      Delete
  12. The Waldo-pigeon one is a treasure. Thanks for the pick-me-up, Martha.

    Be well.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed, Robyn! Too bad we didn't see the face of Waldo...

      Delete
  13. This is so incredibly funny my gosh how long have I been without you , Iknew it, I knew something was wrong lol I laughed I snorted my cats are sleeping, I don't know how find all the stuff you find, but girl it's priceless you should be hired at a magazine or newspaper you got a knack for presentations , and are natural smart and funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! It would be fun to do this for a living, I admit, but I haven't made an effort to look further into it. I'm just so comfortable in my little blogging circle!

      Delete