Tuesday, March 4, 2014

People To The Rescue

With all the animal cruelty happening on this planet, I tend to lose faith in humanity. So I search for stories that will restore my faith. And remind me that there are so many compassionate, wonderful people on this planet.

Like in this video.



I almost made it through this video without tears, but then the baby elephant and momma elephant reunion happened, and...well...that just did me in.

And the amazing performance the Humpback Whale puts on in the end to show his/her appreciation after being freed from nets? That is a mega heart squeeze.


People helping animals. That is what we should be doing.

My faith in humanity has been restored. For now.

Have a lovely Tuesday, folks.

18 comments:

  1. YES this is what we should be doing!! This is so incredibly inspiring. There are so many people like this in the world, they are everywhere. It's just that they don't get the same publicity as the bad ones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the unsung heroes! People doing great things to make this a better world. But the news only bombards us with the crappy stories, so we become very cynical.

      Delete
  2. My fave is the overjoyed freed whale at the end! What a wonderful video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that part! My heart almost came out of my chest; it swelled up so much!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful video thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.
    That is just so wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing, Martha.
    Those are wonderful human beings that truly care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are wonderful human beings in this world that care, and do the right thing. We need to hear more about them.

      Delete
  5. What an amazing video! The elephants were my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that baby elephant running to its momma, and calling out all the way there...tears, Birdie, tears...

      Delete
  6. No words! That baby elephant! That humpback! The seal! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Papa showed me this video a while back . It is good to know there are still people out there with big hearts like us . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very good to know that there are people like this out there! Restores our faith in humanity.

      Delete
  8. it is awful how humans treat our fellow members of the animal kingdom with such disregard. No species is a bigger threat to any other animal or to themselves than homo-sapiens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more, Adam! We can be a horrible species.

      Delete