Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Photo Dump

“If I could have put it into words I would have written it down. But I couldn't, so I took a picture.”
- Anonymous -

I am a very visual person, and pictures speak to me loud and clear. They are also, typically, my way of communicating what I see without the need for words. If I’m out and about and I notice something interesting or colourful or unusual, I capture it – and all the words that describe it – in a single photograph.

Here is this week’s round of photos taken here, there, and everywhere...

Somewhere in the country 

"Watchu looking at?"

Old windows at my daughter's high school

The top of a church in the downtown area.

Giving modern windows a retro look with my photo editor.

Not a very pretty view right after winter.

My brother and the most amazing man in the world taking a stroll.

Beginning to thaw.

Partially frozen bodies of water are very pretty to look at.

Where are you off to little one?


Have a great day, everyone.

28 comments:

  1. Lots of giraffes roaming wild in Kingston, are there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful lines in some of these photos, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice group of photos. Love the red barn and cute little duckling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. There's something about barns that really appeal to me.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos! Adorable little duckie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Martha these are extraordinary, moody, lovely, feel like I'm in and out of this world with each photo dramatic, fantastic, and that little duckie isn't he cold? I adore your photos....Kingston is really beginning to enchant me now you have to show me the bad side..;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can capture for you, Lorraine. But do you really want to see the bad side? Every place has one!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos, but Martha I'm so tired of being cold!! It is freezing here in Niagara today. Hope your next shoot is full of spring buds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Francie. We have days when it's much warmer, and then suddenly BAM the temperature drops. Would the real spring weather please step forward!

      Delete
  7. You take some amazing shots Martha.
    I loved these, thanks for sharing
    Smiles .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment, Margie!

      Delete
  8. Awesome shots....I know how you feel, and agree with your sentiments...
    The icebergs remind me of the cottage on Lake Erie..I assume this is Lake Ontario??
    Keep snapping...beautiful results!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that is Lake Ontario. It was frozen solid this winter. People were skiing on it, walking on it, even building snowmen on it.. It looked like a snow desert!

      Delete
  9. Every one of these shots make me stop and take a good look. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how these capture a moment, and that raw landscape as spring comes into view. absolutely LOVE that pic of the barn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barns are one of my favourite things to photograph. I just love them.

      Delete
  11. Great photos, I like the giraffe and the wooden walkway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terra, and thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  12. All nice, but the second one cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great series Martha! The last one is super!

    ReplyDelete