Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ten Glorious Years

“Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is
powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.”
- Barbara de Angelis -

Today marks a very special occasion in our home as the most amazing man in the world and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

“At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” - Plato -


It’s hard to believe that a whole decade has passed when it seems like only yesterday that we said “I do”. Our relationship continues to thrive year after year because of the simple things we honour.

“I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” - Roy Croft -


We are faithful and genuine and honest and patient. And admire and respect each other.

"When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love." - Lana Del Ray -


We never fight or yell or blame. We listen more than we speak. And never take each other for granted. Each day together is a gift that we cherish.

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen -


We play and laugh together. The hearty sense of humour we share keeps us young and vibrant, and adds joy to our lives.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu -


We appreciate our similarities as well as our differences, support each other in every way, and make necessary compromises. We strive to meet halfway when needed, but also go the extra mile if we have to.

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." - Zora Neale Hurston -


We are not just a couple, but also the best of friends. Meeting each other’s needs, and doing things to make each other happy is not a sacrifice, it’s a pleasure.

“True love stories never have endings.” - Richard Bach -


And most importantly, we don’t just love one another, we are also in love.

“Love is when you look into someone's eyes and you see their heart.” - Unknown -


Every year is better than the last, and I am eternally grateful for crossing paths with this amazing man, and for the incredible journey we are on.

“Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse.” - Halen -


I wish you all a beautiful day.

46 comments:

  1. you have said it all. your words inspire all who read your post to strive for the same in a partnership. happy, happy, happy congrats. may you have many more marvelous, magnificent, majestic, mystical and magical years ahead. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, girl, for all that awesome string of words! Love your creativity :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary Martha, you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 10 years together. You've got yourself one good cookie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. He is definitely a good cookie. I'm grateful for that.

      Delete
    2. I love that you love being married.

      Delete
    3. I do! I do! I'd marry this man all over again...and again..

      Delete
    4. That's how I feel. So great, eh?

      Delete
    5. It sure is. We hope to renew our vows on some beach at some point. I so wish we make it happen one day. That would be great. *sigh*

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Martha and you know what? I noticed all of those qualities when I met you two as a couple! May your happiness and love continue to grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francie. I'm so glad we got a chance to meet, and that you also got a chance to see this man in person. It was fun, and I hope we get a chance to see each other again.

      Delete
  5. Many congratulations on your 10th anniversary! Here's to the next 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the first ten. Best Wishes for a similar philosophy over the next 40.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean. I'll take as many years as I can get!

      Delete
  8. Oh my, if only the rest of the human race could appreciate similarities and differences, support each other, and make necessary compromises - it would make for a much 'better' place.

    Congrats to you and your husband. It sounds like you both deserve each other ... in the nicest possible way!

    Lovely post, Martha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first line is exactly what the world needs. It sounds so easy, doesn't it? And yet, the human race continues to have stupid problems.

      Thanks, Wendy, for the good wishes. I am truly blessed.

      Delete
  9. Awwwwww...look at you2♥️
    Happy Anniversary you love birds!
    Great pictures....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! No matter how old we get, we're still teenagers inside :)

      Delete
  10. Happy Anniversary, Martha .... I am so happy for you. I know you realize how wonderfully blessed you are ... I can't think of anyone who would want to know your kind of love. AND, unfortunately, so few of us ever realize such a love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky, Carolyn, because this is a second marriage. The first one was a total bomb! Getting this second chance makes me EXTRA grateful.

      Delete
  11. What a sweet and loving post! Congratulations on your Anniversary and wishing you many more years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope we're given a chance to many, many years together.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, Adam. It won't be long before you celebrate that first anniversary.

      Delete
  13. I wish you a happy anniversary! This is very well said and illustrated with quotes and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. to another 100 years of happiness, health, love and friendship for you and you honey, Martha. I wish you two nothing but the most amazing journey together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana. I'd spend 100 years with this man. He is worth all that time in this crazy world.

      Delete
  15. Happy Anniversary, you two! Clearly you have found the formula for a loving and long-lasting partnership! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have found the right formula...the second time around! The first time was a bomb! Thank goodness for divorces...LOL...

      Thanks, Debra :)

      Delete
  16. Happy Anniversary! That last photo is such a mirror image, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay. There is a lot of beauty around here, so snap, snap, snap I go with my camera!

      Delete
  17. You're both very lucky. I think playfulness and laughter need to be there, for a relationship to make it through the years. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, Robyn. Having fun together is absolutely crucial!

      Delete
  18. Happy anniversary, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful, so tender, so real, photos and the Love you share with the most wonderful man in the world, and you know it doesn't matter if I ever see a photo of him, the happiness within you shine so brightly, that through it, I see him, I am so happy for you Martha, and him, and the children...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've shared photos in earlier posts, Lorraine, but you many not have been following my blog. But there will be a post specific to him one of these days.

      Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  20. Wish you a wonderful (belated) anniversary Martha!
    Lovely words, quotes and pictures but one thing is missing...You know what? ....Both of your snap!
    I would like to mention one quote for both of you (a little gift from me).
    "I saw you and became empty.
    This emptiness, more beautiful than existence,
    It obliterates existence, and yet when it comes, Existence thrives and creates more existence"
    By Rumi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chirasree! And yes, a photo of the two of us is missing. There aren't too many of those since I take most of the photos. And the rest are by hubby. I should get someone to snap pictures of us.

      And thank you for the poem. That is beautiful!

      Delete
  21. Hey Martha! Happy Anniversary! All the best to you both. You are certainly meant for each other and so fortunate as you said to have crossed paths. Not many can say what you have said here. Thanks for sharing this, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jim. When you do find someone that you click with, it's a true blessing. But you know that, don't you?!

      Delete