Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Photo Dump - In The Garden

 “If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.”
- Buddha -

I am in awe every time I step into my garden. There are flowers are blooming everywhere, and the explosion of colour is breathtaking. And no matter what is going on at the moment, I am forced to slow down and appreciate this array of beauty; the magnificence that nature has to offer...if we choose to see.

Below are some snapshots from my garden...

Geum hybrida 'Totally Tangerine'.

Aquilegia alpina. You can never have too many columbines in the garden.

The stunning leaves of Hosta 'Fire and Ice'.

The wonderfully fragrant blooms of Syringa meyeri 'Palibin' (Dwarf Korean Lilac (tree form)).

Clusters of orange-yellow flowers on the Sedum kamtschaticum ‘Variegatum’.

The gorgeous bloom on the recently-planted Rosa Grandiflora 'Tournament of Roses'.

Centaura montana (Mountain Bluet) develops the most amazing flowers.

One of the best performers in the garden, Gaillardia ‘Dazzler’ flowers all season long.

A delicate but lovely violet-blue flower on the Polemonium boreale ‘Heavenly Habit’.

The starry yellow flowers of the Lysimachia punctata Golden Alexander.

Thank you for touring the garden with me.
Have a beautiful day, everyone!



36 comments:

  1. Such a radical difference from your winter posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Birdie! This time of year is so much more colourful.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hostas are such amazingly gorgeous plants. And they love shade!

      Delete
  3. wow your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is gorgeous! Love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you are an impressive gardener as well as a fine photographer. Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment, and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. My good gosh, those are heavenly shots. Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wonder Woman! I'm fortunate to have a little botanical garden of my own.

      Delete
  7. Wow, your plants are beautiful! And so healthy looking.

    I find myself "slowing down" when I'm tending the garden, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year has been great for the garden; mostly cool, and enough rain to keep it happy.

      Delete
  8. Very beautiful! Love your photos! I posted some flower photos today too, so The Happy Whisk told me I should check out your post. Glad I did as they are beautiful photos. This time of year is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you here, Jen! I love meeting new bloggers. Yes, this time of year is incredible!

      Delete
  9. What a lovely garden you have, Martha! And your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louise. I'm so happy to be able to enjoy such beauty.

      Delete
  10. how in the world did I miss this parade of outstanding flowers, atta girl Martha, loved all those beauties, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine. There are so many blog posts to keep up with that sometimes we miss a few.

      Delete
  11. I know exactly what you are saying Martha. I can get 'lost' out in the garden....so relaxing.
    Your Mountain Bluet we call Bachelor Button. The rose and the Geum are beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call it Bachelor Button here, too. I added Mountain Bluet because that's what was on the tag...incase someone is interested in the plant.

      Delete
  12. Mmmmmm that's all I can say Mmmmmmm!

    Don't you just love gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - your lilacs are blooming now? Is that a summer-blooming hybrid or do all Korean lilacs bloom in the summer? I thought lilacs only bloomed in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo was taken last month. But even then, the tree bloomed pretty late. Spring took a little longer to arrive and some flowers didn't bloom when I expected them to.

      Delete
    2. Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm not surprised after that brutal winter you guys had. But a month ago makes a lot more sense than right now!

      Delete
    3. The thing is, I take a lot of photos in the garden, and by the time I get around to sorting them, editing them and sharing them, a few weeks could very easily go by. Some of the flowers in the photos could be done blooming by the time they end up on this blog. So I just share to show how the garden is doing this season; not so much when specifically each flower opened up.

      Delete
  14. How I longed to see these pictures in the middle of last winter! I am so glad to see them now & hope for many more garden tours, Martha! Spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Francie! What a long and difficult winter we had. I am enjoying all the wonderful sights that this time of year offers.

      Delete
  15. I just had to come back and say what splendid photos you have here. Beautiful and stunning flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...sweet! Thank you :) I pamper the garden and it is now rewarding me!

      Delete