Thursday, July 10, 2014

Interesting Sightings

"I don't go out looking for pictures. I go out, and if something catches my eye, that's reason enough to photograph it."
- Henry Wessel -

I take a lot of photographs, and share only the ones that are my favourites, or technically and visually better. But a lot of my photos are not photographically ‘successful’ because I don’t always snap shots as though I’m on a paid photo shoot. Sometimes I take a photograph because I notice something unusual or fascinating or even entertaining, and I want to capture that fleeting moment and visit it again and again.

As of today, I’ll be starting a new blog theme where I’ll share some of the interesting things I see when I’m out and about. And although some images may not be ‘technically right’, they are perfect in the most important way of all:
they capture life’s extraordinary ordinary moments.

Here are some of the things I've seen...

I spotted this beautiful graffiti while visiting my hometown of Montreal.

Your camera will reveal miniature invasions. (This kind of freaks me out.)

How often do you see public phones these days? They are indeed a rare sight.

A sewer cover looks a little like a labyrinth, don't you think?

A curious raccoon playing peek-a-boo with my camera lens.

You may be lovin' it, but the cows sure aren't.

A fence made out of doors. Can you spot the photographer?

Owl decoy effectiveness? FAIL...


I hope you enjoyed this new photography theme, and I’d love if you would post interesting sightings on your own blogs.

Happy Thursday to all!

28 comments:

  1. Love this new feature of yours! That "door fence" is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I think I"m really going to enjoy this theme. That door fence is pretty cool!

      Delete
  2. What a great collection of photos. Hard to pick a favorite. The doors photo is terrific, but I also love the pay phones and the mural. Hard to think of this as graffiti. Your cows, raccoon, and duck photos are funny. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are so many interesting things out there to photograph. It'll be fun putting photos together for this theme.

      Delete
  3. I love your new blog theme! Good photo collection here. Yes, I need to click the shutter more often and document life's interesting sights, despite things not being "perfect."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the fun side of photography! I'd love to see some interesting things in your area, Linda!

      Delete
  4. very interestimg shots..that's graffiti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's amazing what you can find, when you're not looking for anything, fantastic photos sweety, wow keep them coming x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! You notice interesting stuff when you're not really searching; just enjoying a walk, or a day out.

      Delete
  6. New blog themes are fun. I do them on my blog, too. Great photos. Hope you're day
    is kickin' butt and taking names. Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are fun, Wonder Woman! I've introduced quite a few over the years, and will probably introduce more along the way. Keeps the blog a live and well!

      Delete
  7. I like this theme! Sometimes I take photos, too, to remember the moment or to examine something more closely later on. You have given me a new idea for my blog, sharing these "occasional" photos.

    That graffiti is amazing! And I love the raccoon peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see some "occasional" photos on your blog, Tina! It would be so interesting to see images from fellow bloggers where they live!

      Delete
  8. The fence with the doors is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. most of those phones I've seen now have been ripped off the walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vandalism? I can imagine that happening.

      Delete
    2. Nah, not just vandalism, but the companies themselves take them down. Everyone has cell phones now; pay phones are a thing of antiquity.

      At a rest stop on the way back from Phoenix, there were two phone booths like the ones in your pic, but all of the phone apparatus was gone. Just the shell of the little booth. It was kinda depressing.

      Delete
    3. It is a sad sight for those of us that grew up with these types of phones everywhere. But things change as time goes on.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I'm glad you did, Cassandra! And thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. What kind bugs are those? freaks me out too … love the raccoon… oh, lord the poor ol cows… don't want to eat one! hate it!

    and yes… I see you! hahaaaa owl decoy fail

    great fun as always! … love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what they are, Carolyn, but when you zoom in and enlarge them like that, they're pretty creepy! Yes, those poor cows. I've eliminated beef from my diet. I don't want to eat that anymore.

      Delete
  12. great photos and very amazing fence...really cool...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have a great eye for photography! Love looking at your photos. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete