Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Photo Dump

“Whether one sees the world as God's creation or as a secular mystery that science is on the way to
figuring out, there is no denying the beauty and majesty of everything from mountain ranges,
deserts, and rain forests to the exquisite details in the design of an ordinary mosquito.”
- Robert C. Solomon -

The world we live in is magnificent. And when we take a moment to look up, down and all around, we realize just how true that is. Wherever I go, wherever I am, my eyes dance about and capture everything surrounding me. I freeze many of those moments with my camera to revisit them again.

Here are some moments I've frozen...

Rock and flowers sharing the space.

Mother Nature is slowly absorbing this abandoned place.

Backyard friends stopping by for a visit.

Go ahead...blow on it and make a wish.

The windows on abandoned and dilapidated buildings fascinate me.

Brightly coloured deck chairs look so inviting.

Calm days are perfect for reflections.

A staring contest with a country friend.

A chain that clearly says "Keep Out".

My daughter's beautiful cat, Grizzly.


A beautiful day to all!

32 comments:

  1. Fantastic frozen moments. You have a killer good day. I'm off to the market soon
    on the hunt for on sale mushrooms. YUMMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great moments to freeze, no? I could probably take interesting photos just documenting my day. Mmmmm....gives me an idea!

      Delete
  2. I like them all but especially the yin-yang effect of the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was pretty cool when I noticed it!

      Delete
  3. love every one of these photos, your love of nature shows through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great collection of fantastic shots! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Martha sweetie how I LOVE YOUR PHOTO GLORY, photo dump, I THINK NOT< they are all so very special and i always get a little thrill when I know it's photo dump Day , I have PDD lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! Your heart is full of kindness, and you always write the sweetest things!

      Delete
  6. Your photo dump makes for a good day. I can see why you would be fascinated by windows in abandoned buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those windows have a very unique beauty to them, and they always grab my attention.

      Delete
  7. Grizzly is so beautiful.
    Loved all of these wonderful photos, Martha
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a real sweet cat, Margie. And she's a tiny little thing, too. Mostly fur!

      Delete
  8. Love the mourning dove, the reflection of the colored deck chairs and of course Grizzly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those coloured deck chairs are quite eye-catching! And grizzly is a sweetie.

      Delete
  9. Great 'frozen' moments, Martha. I especially like the windows in old buildings too. Windows are like 'the eyes' of a building and some have experienced/seen a lot throughout their lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the windows, Jim. They truly are the 'eyes' of buildings.

      Delete
  10. WIsh I could capture frozen moments the way you do Martha - you're amazing - I especially love the abandoned buildings - they ivy growing on the first one is beautiful!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzan! Abandoned buildings are truly amazing. I look for them wherever I go.

      Delete
  11. Absolutely marvelous! Martha, you certainly have a wonderful eye when it comes to photography :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all these moments - you are so amazing with your camera. Also Grizzly is such a beautiful cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Yes, Grizzly is a real cutie. She's a little shy, but very sweet.

      Delete
  13. You certainly have a great eye for detail, Martha....
    Fabulous frozen moments....love it!
    Cheers!
    Linda:o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Martha!! Happy Wednesday. Love that photo of the dove :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you here, Keith! I'm guessing vacation time is over??

      Delete
  15. Martha, what a perfect artist you are! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! It's always nice to see you here.

      Delete
  16. Always love these photo fays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Francie! And it's always nice to see you here :)

      Delete