Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Question Of The Day

What three qualities in a person really appeal to you?



Well, I could easily make a top ten twenty list, and it’s a little difficult to narrow it down, but here goes...

1) Sense of humour
I could not imagine life without humour, and as far as I’m concerned, it’s not an apple a day that keeps the doctor away, but a laugh or two. That being said, I really like people who have a healthy sense of humour. And I like them even more if they can laugh at themselves.

2) Empathy
While sympathy is the ability to feel for someone else, empathy is the ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes and truly understand what they are going through. You don’t feel for the person, you feel with them. I admire this trait immensely because I truly believe that if this quality is present, other good qualities like compassion, kindness, integrity, thoughtfulness, understanding, gentleness, consideration, tolerance, patience, conscientiousness, honesty, and many more, are just around the corner.

3) Unpretentiousness
No arrogance, smugness, egotism, pompousness, snootiness or pretentiousness for this girl. If you’re going to brag about your car, house, career, bank account or how great you are, find someone else to do it with. I prefer the company of individuals who are genuine, easy-going and down-to-earth.

What three qualities appeal to you?

30 comments:

  1. I have the exact same list as you, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, Debra. They're simple but good traits!

      Delete
  2. i have to say intelligence, compassion, sensitivity, honesty, good will - oh, you said three. how about four? i guess compassion and empathy go hand-in-hand, eh? great post. cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good stuff. Yup, I think of compassion and empathy as buddies :)

      Delete
  3. Most definitely empathy. I will have to think about the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same as you. And in the order in which they are written. Within reason, but you know what I'm getting at :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you came up with the perfect list. Agree fully with your descriptions - especially number three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down to earth, people. They are my favourite types!

      Delete
  6. A good giggle is all we need it truly is the best medicine . Well I try not to put myself in ones shoes as I have enough of my own lol ! Third I cant stand people who think they are better then anyone else . Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Country Gal. I can't stand people who think they are better than anyone else, either. And I stay clear of them.

      Delete
  7. These are three awesome characteristics. You would go far with these three. Thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not stupid
    not selfish
    not looking at their phone every 45 seconds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes, not looking at their phone every 45 seconds! Love that :)

      Delete
  9. Martha , I am with you ...all on counts
    Those are truly the best traits ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. kindness, compassion, strength...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two of your three are also mine. Sense of humor, empathy, and ability to be introspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Introspection! I love that. Definitely one of my favourites.

      Delete
  12. ditto what you said... absolutely ~ and no phoneys... be who your are ... whatever it may be ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, being genuine is something that really appeals to me. Just be yourself!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. These kinds of posts are fun. I reading what other people write.

      Delete
    2. I know! I love reading what my bloggy pals write. It's always interesting!

      Delete
  14. Compassion would have to number 1.
    Then a good sense of humour number 2.
    An adventurous/energetic mind number 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choices, Jim! Being adventurous and energetic is something that I also find very appealing.

      Delete