Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bikes and Sights: In A Neighbouring Community

“The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.”
- Henry Ward Beecher -

As many of you already know, the most amazing man in the world and I have spent an obscene amount of time on our bikes this summer enjoying, exploring and photographing beautiful, interesting and even unusual things we've seen while pedaling along. It’s been amazing, and as long as the weather allows, we will continue to cycle through the autumn season...with point and shoot cameras hanging around our necks to capture it all.

Below are a few photos taken while riding through a neighbouring community during one of our evening outings...

There was a beautiful sky that evening. The clouds looked like cotton candy.

We found a way to get under the bridge we were crossing, and discovered that it's full of graffiti.

It's extremely steep going down, which makes me wonder how all the artwork was done closer to the top where I'm standing.

It looks much more interesting on the other side of the tracks.

I zoomed in with my trusty point and shoot to get a closer shot of the interesting skull. Isn't it cool?

On top of the bridge, we got a glimpse of the train tracks below and the beautiful sky above.

Everything looks magical during the blue  hour; the time of day when the light takes on a strong blue tone.

Well, time to head home. Thanks for coming along.

Incidentally, I've taken a gazillion photos since spring, many of which I plan to share over the next few weeks (if not months), so brace yourselves for an overload of 'Bikes and Sights', 'Photo Dumps' and 'Interesting Sightings'! You've been duly warned...

Have a great day, everyone.

28 comments:

  1. Bom dia, excelente foto reportagem de fotos bem com boas cores, excelentemente enquadradas com qualidade .
    AG
    http://momentosagomes-ag.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I will check out the link as soon as I get a chance.

      Delete
  2. All excellent. Love the lines in the first one so that gets my top pick. How do you like doing all your blog posts on one blog instead of having the two?

    Nice autumn morning here and I love it. My lab is clean, clean, clean. Love that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it much easier to manage one blog, although I do miss the other. There's just too much to juggle, and I don't want to overdo it. Yesterday was a spectacular day. I hope most of autumn is like that!

      Delete
  3. All lovely! I like the train tracks from the bridge one the best, I think. Each one has something interesting about it though.

    Hello! Visiting from NJ, via Birdie's page. :)

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thanks for visiting. It's always fun to see new bloggers stop by!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos ! Sounds like you two are having fun on your bikes and sights . Always lots to photography every where ya go and look I know I to try to capture it all and it is tuff always get thousands of photos each time I am sure my camera is wearing out now and doesn't have many actuation's left in it poor thing lol ! Oh well I will then just get another one if that ever happens lol ! Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about wearing out the camera, and I'm on the fast track to that, as well! But at least we're having fun. There is just too much to photograph!

      Delete
  5. Simply stunning, every one of them, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the symmetrical criss-crossing of the lines in the first photo. And yes, that graffiti skull is quite something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those lines really caught my eye. It's amazing how something so ordinary can become a photograph.

      Delete
  7. By combining two of my favorite things, cycling and photography, you have taken a number of interesting photos. Keep peddling and shooting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep biking until the weather turns real ugly :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. We've seen some really great graffiti this summer. That skull is really nice.

      Delete
  9. These are so amazing the sky the artwork the train rails I love train, it's wonderful Martha I can't wait to see more, gives me something to look forward to atta sweet girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no end to what you can photograph, Lorraine, as you know. I just love this hobby. So much fun!

      Delete
  10. Wow - some of that graffiti is amazing. Too bad their talent is being wasted on spray painting bridges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that some of these graffiti artists are doing other things with their talents!

      Delete
  11. Such interesting graffiti-finds! I look forward to seeing you and your honey's autumn photographs of your bike adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope the weather is nice because autumn is an amazing season for photography. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  12. WOW what a gorgeous evening sky! you captured the colors … so beautifully… so hard to do on my little ol iPhone ;)

    The graffiti even looks beautiful … in its own artsy fartsy way ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sky that evening was incredible. I just had to capture it. It made me think of cotton candy!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful skies and light! Love the pinkish/lavender of the sky.

    Cool graffitti! I like public art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sky was incredible. Couldn't resist taking a shot!

      Delete
  14. Oh I do love urban art - but I do agree with you when it comes to wondering how they do it. I mean it isn't as if they can erect scaffolding a la Michelangelo! Going to be on that train track soon - going to Ottawa in Nov! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is great, Francie! We've been to Ottawa three times this year, and I've no doubt we'll go again. I love it. Beautiful city. I'm guessing you're going for Remembrance Day?

      Delete