Monday, December 22, 2014

Chuckles and Chortles

Happy last Monday before Christmas day, everyone! How was the weekend? Good, I hope. Mine included a change in hairstyle. Can you believe I hadn’t cut my hair since March? It’s true. So I finally got to that on Saturday, and decided to be bold and adventurous. I cut my neglected hair short. Very short. The most amazing man in the world says it makes me look sassy. Like he needed more of that. *snort* Anyhow, I’ll try to post a photo before it all grows back.

And hey, I completely forgot to tell you about the first Christmas gift I received early last week from my 17-year-old daughter. She saw it when she was out shopping and just “had to buy it” for me. Check it out:

Don’t I have the best kids?

Grumpy cat is now part of our Christmas traditions. Hmm...I’m not sure what that says about us.

Anyhow, enough blabbing. Let’s get to the funny stuff!













A beautiful day to all of you! We’re almost there...

28 comments:

  1. Next year, Santa got contacts.

    And a bath

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ALL good, Martha!! lol
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone deserves a Grumpy Cat xmas ornament, it's you! These cartoons are all hilarious, as usual. Thanks for making Christmas merry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing is my drug, Debra. And I'm trying to get all my bloggers addicted to it :)

      Delete
  4. STOP! I can't take any more laughter!!

    *Just kidding*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha you never disappoint! You cracked me up with those funny cartoons and how lucky are you to get a Grumpy Cat ornament!! Have a wonderful holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky - and very surprised! It's such a thoughtful gift from my daughter.

      Delete
  6. Don't know which I found funnier - all brilliant - as usual!

    Can't wait to see the new haircut, Martha! Hurry up and post it. Just saying ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get some photos, I'll share. Probably over the holidays. Depending on whether there'll be images of me since I take almost all the shots!

      Delete
  7. Oh these are so funny! And I love your Grumpy Cat ornament. Please post a pic of your new hairstyle. I'll bet it looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised by the ornament! Even more surprised that my daughter remembered that I like Grumpy cat since I've only mentioned it once or twice.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the laughs, the big day's approaching! Your new haircut sounds nice! And lovely daughter getting thoughtful gifts for mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're almost there, Christine! I'm excited that Christmas is just around the corner, but also sad that it'll be over soon. I'd start all over again if I could.

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas Martha....
    Thanks for the laughs and the beautiful photographs over the year...
    Birthday coming up for us! Tee hee hee!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment, Linda! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Yup, another birthday is coming along soon. The big 5-0 for me!

      Delete
  10. I want one! Did you see the movie? OMG, so much fun. It was terrible! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet, but I do have it taped. I can't believe I haven't watched it until now. Soon!

      Delete
  11. oh girl, this is hilarious I want one too for the cats' bedroom lol I love all the comic strips absolutely hilarious, I especially cracked up at the last year Santa would forget his glasses and the comic strips are killing me...oh how wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Christmas humour. I'm sad that it's coming to an end soon; this month has been a lot of fun. Well, there's always next year :)

      Delete