Thursday, December 18, 2014

When Christmas Treats Go Wrong

What would the holidays be without baking fails? It wouldn’t be as much fun, that’s for sure. And like many people, I’ve had my fair share. Everything looks so darn easy in the recipe. In reality, it’s a whole different ball game.

Here are some hilariously tragic Christmas treat outcomes...



If you make these in the spring, it'll explain the meltdown.




The cookies below look like they were prepared by a professional baker. How the heck is an ordinary person going to do that?

This has actually happened to me!



You can't go wrong with snowmen and strawberries. Or can you?

Well, as long as they taste good.

What about a Christmas tree cake?

This donut hole Christmas tree didn't quite make it to the finishing line.


Another attempt at beautiful cookies gone wrong...

The snowman with the marshmallow eyes is hilarious!
So is the one with the marshmallow boobs!



As for gingerbread houses, they can be salvaged because...


And that makes all the difference!

Have a great day, everyone.
(Oh my gosh...only one week until Christmas!)

26 comments:

  1. it's so fast it seems this year, wonder why, now all those cookies make me crave some, alas, i don't bake specially since the oven is so filthy from the last tenant, I can't bear to look at it never mind clean it lol but I am craving good cookies, too I don't have any I'd eat them for breakfast :) thank you sweetie always hilarious x I'm French I always give kisses, on both cheeks it's what we do lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Lorraine, I'm a descendant of Greeks and we always give kisses on both cheeks, too! So I REALLY get that :) This time of year there are tons of places selling Christmas goodies, so you don't even have to bake.

      Delete
  2. Marshmallow boobs is what I see, too.

    Great stuff. Loving the Xmas posts.

    PS: Woke today to a clean kitchen and office. Just a few chores left and I'm DONE for the weekend. Doing the happy dance, oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the happy dance :) That's usually what I do at the end of the week, especially when I'm caught up on everything. It was actually Friday today...yes, part 2!

      Delete
  3. Believe me, if I even attempted one of those recipe, the results would be exactly the same as you've illustrated. Not a baker - by any stretch of the imagination.

    Love the 'Inspiration' biscuits. Sooooo damn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bakes are edible, but they're not visually perfect. I figure that's not so bad :) I say make friends with someone who is a master in the kitchen. It'll pay off nicely!

      Delete
  4. The good thing about a baking fail: you HAVE to eat it all quickly before anyone sees what you did.
    Happy holidays, Martha. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, there's looking at the glass half full :) Happy weekend to ya, Robyn!

      Delete
  5. Why, oh why, can't I be Martha Stewart?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of those baking fails look like they would be great treats for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny! Thanks for gathering these together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my (self-proclaimed) job to make you all smile :)

      Delete
  8. I love all the Pinterest fails! I've actually seen the last one with the gingerbread house dinosaur. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a creative and hilarious fix to a baking disaster!

      Delete
  9. lolol this might explain why I don't bake much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your namesake, Martha, would be horrified!! (Martha Stewart)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the queen of baking fail. I no longer even try.

    ReplyDelete