Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bikes and Sights: By The Lake

“Forests, lakes and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man.”
- Orison Swett Marten -

Nothing makes me happier than being outdoors surrounded by nature, especially when water is involved. We are very fortunate to be living in a city where you’re always just a few minutes away from a lake, a river, a creek, a brook, a pond, a stream, and so on. And we take pride in the fact that Kingston – one of Canada’s best kept secrets - is situated right beside one of the great lakes.

Below are photos the most amazing man in the world and I took way back in August on one of our biking adventures. They capture one of the many beautiful views of Lake Ontario that is minutes from our home.


Time to park the bikes and explore our surroundings.



The view is wonderful.




No matter which way you look, it is soul soothing.





The most amazing man climbs the rock.


I hug it.



We visit this area many times during the summer.





No need to explain why it's one of our favourite areas.




Nothing makes me happier than being near the water.


These are the last photos of the bikes and sights series for 2014. Let’s hope the weather warms up so we can get out there and start all over again!

Have a beautiful day, my friends.

39 comments:

  1. Funny when you see the term 'big sky' you don't often think of Ontario - but that is how your beautiful pictures make me think of this province!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous province, Francie. There is still so much of it I'd like to see. But I'm having fun discovering new things year after year.

      Delete
  2. If I had a name to give on this series of pictures: "Peace and Love"

    Your last one is my favorite, the light, the oily lake, the clouds, I just love it!

    Thanks Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Richard. There's no place like the outdoors to bring you peace and love. And joy.

      Delete
  3. reminds me of my sweet cottage on one of the other Great Lakes!!
    Grease up those bikes...you will be pedalling soon!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty area you live in! If I ever come to Canada, I'm visiting there! Gorgeous!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, Betty. And if not here, there are so many gorgeous areas from coast to coast to explore.

      Delete
  5. Oh my God, these are so stunning, gosh is there a house near there anywhere for rent? so exquisite all the photos plus you and the most wonderful man in the world ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are places for rent, girl! Come on over. We'll go out and take pictures together.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful shore photos. Looks like both of you had a great time on your bike ride. It's time to pump up the tires and wait for a warm day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet. It's still too chilly to go riding but hopefully soon!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful lakeshore! Nice landscape photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. And this was only with a point and shoot. I hope to get out there this year with my DSLR and a tripod.

      Delete
  8. The view is awesome, and you captured some pretty fantastic photos! Good to see the photos of you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany. It's a beautiful area that we will definitely visit again. And again.

      Delete
  9. This is one beautiful place, Martha! I LOVE what you see!
    And you have inspired us to get consider getting bicycles again! Might be just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it, Jim. It's a great way to tour your area.

      Delete
  10. we do live in a gorgeous part of the world, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. some of your best pictures

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you visit here a lot ~~ oh man ~~ this is really a zen moment!

    You can bike along the rocks, right?!

    Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most definitely a zen moment. You can bike along the rocks (although it's difficult) but we don't. We walk and explore.

      Delete
  13. Martha, you have shared some wonderful shots here .. I so enjoyed seeing all of them!
    Soon biking weather will be back and you will 'be hitting the trails' again
    Smiles ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look really forward to that, Margie. And all the photos I'll capture!

      Delete
  14. Now I can just see you rideng your mountain bike over this rocky beach. Awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing area. I can't wait to visit again and take more photos. A great way to spend time.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful photos. I wish our area wasn't so hilly. Very off putting for cycling. Did you feel better for hugging the rock? I've hugged trees before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I felt much better after hugging the rock. And I think the rock did, too.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful photos. I can't wait to get back on my bike.

    ReplyDelete