Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bikes and Sights: Return To Ottawa

“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike.”
- John F. Kennedy -

Outside my window it doesn’t seem like spring will be here any time soon, so I’ve dug through my photos to remind myself once again that there are better days on the horizon. So let’s hop onto virtual bikes and enjoy nice weather...virtually.

On this trip we are returning to Ottawa; a city I love and one that I will be seeing a lot of in the next few years. Because my younger daughter will be attending university there come this September. And she’ll be the best reason to return for a visit, again and again.


Water is everywhere, which makes riding around Ottawa that much more amazing.





Can anyone guess where the most amazing man in the world is headed? What residence is up ahead?


Here's a huge clue, especially for my Canadian pals. Look at the address behind me.



There are so many trails in Ottawa. Multiple visits are required to tour them all.



How much fun would it be without making friends along the way?



It's always fun to hang out a bit with the locals.



And there are so many pretty views along the way.




Two buddies hanging out. Isn't this a really heartwarming sight?



As we were cycling back to the car to start heading home, we stumbled across this.




It was the icing on the cake.




What an amazing city. I can't wait to dust off the bike and cycle through it again. Come on spring, get to it!

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

26 comments:

  1. oh my the Rideau Canal, I use to live in an Centre town Ottawa and took that route to work every morning oh and the downtown market oh gosh I loved it so much use to go early so I'd have a parking space.. spent the whole day at the market everything you can imagine, I don't think they open it anymore, I'm not sure but what a shame, and my younger brother used to be a Chef at Marie Antoinette, and i would visit him and he's make me some quick baking pastry for free...oh the memories are so wonderful, gosh you've awakened so much in me, I've always worked in Ottawa, either downtown or further along, and of course Federal buildings...oh but the Market, anything you can think of of my such wonderful memories of summer, and tastes of glory...thank you sweety for those incredible memories...of course I moved to a small village (back then, home) when my son was born, downtown and centredown were not places to raise a child but when I was single oh my gosh i loved living in Ottawa....some of the happiest memories.....I got to go back and look....:) thank you girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go, Lorraine! And take lots of photos while you're there. Such a gorgeous place. I'm looking forward to going back again this year to explore further. Plus, we'd also like to visit the museums. I haven't done that in many, many years.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow I love those beautiful gushing waterfalls!! Breathtaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did Prime Minister Harper come out of 24 Sussex Drive and run you off his property?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just makes me more anxious of spring. How I wish I could now lie on that green grassy field, hear the water rushing down on rocks. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be wonderful! I can't wait till spring gets here, so I can spend more time outdoors enjoying all that.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! You take really good pictures!! I've never been to Canada, might have to put this on my "bucket list"

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Betty! This is a beautiful country; so much to see and do.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful city! Love all the water features. You've captured them nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. It really is beautiful. Looking forward to visiting again.

      Delete
  7. a trip up there when the weather gets better would be a good thing I think......loved all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I adore all your photos. The clarity is thumbs up. Your a great photographer.

    Not long now and we will be throwing our coats aside. Yelling Spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolann! that is really kind. I am really looking forward to shedding the winter gear!

      Delete
  9. Those last four pictures are such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful photos. I was born and raised in Ontario and I've never been to Ottawa. It is on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should visit at some point, Jen! You will have a great time. So much to see and do.

      Delete
  11. Looks nice and warm! I love to see green (Ahhh...winter has been too long, but at least here in Iowa we are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel). The photos of the water, and especially of the waterfalls created by the dams, are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing green, too, so I can't wait till the ground thaws and the world comes to life! Can't wait to start spending more and more time outdoors!

      Delete