Wednesday, April 1, 2015

You Asked, I Answer (Meeting My Husband)

"The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth,
the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti -

I always save the best for last, so it stands to reason that I’d save the last question from my ‘Ask Me Anything’ post (made by Birdie and Louise) till the very end, which is “How did you meet your husband?”

How did this mysterious man and I meet?
(Photo taken in Gananoque, Ontario in February 2014)

When my husband and I crossed paths the world seemed to shift, and I guess for the two of us it certainly did. Our coming together was beautiful and magical and undoubtedly meant to be. And if I’d never believed in fate before that, which I certainly did, I would have started right then and there. It took us years to find each other but at least we finally did.

Why is he called the most amazing man in the world?
(Photo taken by Lake Ontario in September 2014 while out walking.)

I can answer the question posed to me with a simple sentence that will include the how/where/when of the day we met and be done with it. But I’ve decided to share our story with you. Our love story. At the end of this week or sometime during the next, I will set in motion a series of posts titled “Our Story”. I’ll start from the beginning so you can understand where I was at and what led me down the road where I’d eventually meet my husband who my long time blogging pals know I refer to as “the most amazing man in the world”. For good reason. Which will become clear at some point. I hope you’ll enjoy the series.

Happy April, everyone! Have a wonderful day.

Our story is coming soon...
(Photo taken by Lake Ontario during one of our biking adventures in August 2014.)



(Our story begins here.)

43 comments:

  1. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo it's a teaser! Or is it an April fool? Is there really a Mr. Martha, could it be a robot? hahaha

    Happy April to you two (if you really exist :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Richard, neither one of us exists. We're both a figment of your imagination :)

      I guess you'll find out soon enough whether I'm bluffing or not! Happy April to you.

      Delete
    2. robot? that's unrealistic

      the guy with the weird hair from the "history" channel told me it was aliens.

      Delete
    3. Aliens...Adam knows what he's talking about :)

      Delete
  2. If you're really going to do this series (I hope so), I am really looking forward to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am going to do the series. No joke. It'll be fun to reminisce as I write about those days.

      Delete
  3. I will be glued to this series, addicted to love stories and romance here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that, Christine. It encourages me to put all these stories together!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love a 'good love story' and so look forward to all of it.
    Gosh, you make such a handsome couple.

    Happy April dear Martha ..
    Today is going to be a beautiful day as the sun is breaking and the birds are singing
    Smiles ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still a little chilly here, Margie, but sooner or later it will warm up. It must!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading this series! Wait . . . . it's not just an April Fool's Day joke, is it? You're really going to give us a detailed account? Don't be toying with us, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...no April Fool's Day joke. It's the truth. Would I toy with my blogging pals? Well, maybe :) But not with this.

      Delete
  6. I too am looking forward to this, Martha. I like reading about how two people met and what brought them both to the same point in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy that, too, Jim. It'll be fun sharing these stories with all of you. It was a great time in our lives.

      Delete
  7. Cute pic of you two. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was meant to be !! Lovely photos ! Thanks for sharing , have a good day 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys make a great looking couple! I look forward to hearing your story! I do like how you refer to him as the most amazing man!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty. I refer to him that way because that's how I think of him!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Which doesn't seem like a great comment but since you
      and I have had many talks about the wonderful-ness of
      being married, you know I really mean it when I write,
      Love it.

      Delete
    2. I totally get it. We have communicated very well about our joy at being happily married. This is a jackpot that I'm glad I hit.

      Delete
  11. I was all excited to read your story. OK, I will wait.... not patiently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming soon, Birdie. One bit of the story at a time.

      Delete
  12. I love reading about the true story of the people. I hope you will always be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Camila. Being happy is what we strive for.

      Delete
  13. Can't wait to read it! True love is what makes our world go around, and i'm so happy for you that you found yours (and he found his.) :) Love really IS transformative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The trailer's pretty interesting...I'll surely watch...I mean read the upcoming story :) Happy April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I love that. I suppose this is the trailer. Such a great comment!

      Delete
  15. interesting, I will be back for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Talk about a teaser! I'll be back.
    In Hebrew we use the word "beshert" for one's soulmate or destiny (literal definition). It looks and sounds as though you are clearly each other's beshert. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that word! I'll have to keep it in mind. Thanks for sharing that, Robyn.

      Delete
  17. Hi Martha....
    I will be sure to tune in!
    Sounds very romantic!♥️
    Have a great Easter....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I hope you have a wonderful time with your loved ones this weekend.

      Delete
  18. A sight to behold, and i can't wait for your love story, that ended so well, i am so happy for you Girl and of course for the most wonderful man in the world, no doubt, like Snow White and Prince Charming x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine. Your comments always make me smile :) The story will begin to unfold very soon. It's going to be fun sharing these memories.

      Delete
  19. Just wanted to let you know that you two are both very attractive in my opinion. I hope that my husband and i look as good as you guys do when we are your ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be happy inside and it will radiate outwards! It all starts with how you feel. Good luck to both of you.

      Delete