Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Interesting Sightings

“The camera has always been a guide, and it's allowed me to see things
and focus on things that maybe an average person wouldn't even notice.”
- Don Chadwick -

I didn’t know what to share today and then I thought to myself “You know, I think it’s been awhile since I did an ‘Interesting Sightings’ post. And self said “You’re right”. So smart that self. I tell you, I just don't know what I'd do without self. My self? Or myself? Well, whatever.

Here are some interesting, unusual, fascinating and even entertaining things I’ve spotted with camera in hand. I hope you enjoy them!

Is it just me or does this look like a face? Two spooky eyes and a tongue sticking out.

This has to be the oddest ship I've ever seen! (Spotted in Ottawa)

Docked ducks. Try saying that a few times.

One of the best names I've ever seen for a boat. Today. That's where our focus should be.

This is a (partial) shot of the six-floor 'living wall' at the University of Ottawa.
It has been billed as the highest of its type in North America. It is spectacular!

A dog day afternoon - literally - in Havana, Cuba.

A young lady in an amazing costume feeding the pigeons in Havana, Cuba.

Had a good laugh with this store sign!

This is how they washed in the 1800s (at least the more privileged).Seen in Bellevue House National Historic Site of Canada; the home to Canada's first Prime Minister,
Sir John Alexander Macdonald from 1848 to 1849. The house has been restored to the 1840s period.

What a perfect name for this type of store!

Happy Tuesday, folks!

30 comments:

  1. you do know I am going to be saying "docked ducks," in my head now all day!! Great set of photos. I thought the girl feeding the pigeons was a statue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you weren't alone! It stuck in my head, too :)

      Delete
  2. Some interesting pictures there Martha. I particularly like the young lady feeding the pigeons, she even accessory with the barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at all those lazy dogs. Reminds me of mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting photos today, thanks for sharing your self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "interesting sightings" posts, Martha! You have such an eye for the different, the quirky, the absurd! And the beautiful, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! It's one of my favourite photography themes. So many cool things out there.

      Delete
  6. Loved them all! I agree, that first one you can see a face in it. True too with the name of the boat with Today. Simple, but really like you said, how we should be living our lives. It is funny, I think as bloggers, we tend to be looking for those interesting shots, I know I always am :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy taking shots like these, and they are fun to share!

      Delete
  7. Nice collection of unusual sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a truly gifted photographer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are great! I can't help but wonder how much duck poop there was on that dock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now the bathtub from the 1800's is really cool. How would you know if your feet were clean? Now the ship is classic. Whoever built that was very creative. I can see the smile on his face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bathtub is awesome. First time I ever saw such a thing. And the ship was pretty amazing, too.

      Delete
  11. That living wall is wonderful - great set of pictures.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Pretty cool, huh? It was so freakin' hot that these poor animals just had to snooze the afternoon away.

      Delete
  13. Martha, I enjoyed them all with special attention to the 'pigeon feeder' in Cuba.
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pigeon feeder was spectacular! And it was boiling hot that day, too. I can't imagine how she could stand it!

      Delete
  14. I'm 10 minutes away and I come here to see all the interesting and wonderful photos you take of Ottawa lol you're the best, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because you can go any time! But since we visit once in awhile, I have to snap as many photos as possible.

      Delete