I find tapping most annoying. Ah! Why do some people have to tap their fingers for no reason? And others have to tap their feet (during a concert it's fine, but during a chess game?!)
Oh, since I've had more time to think about it, I'll add mosquitoes and flies buzzing.
I can just imagine how annoying it is when you're trying to concentrate on a chess game and that tap tap tapping is going on! And that buzz buzz buzzing, too :)
(1) Magpies screeching outside the window at 4:00 a.m.(2) Dogs that bark incessantly(3) I'm with ya on the whining. Do you know that Kidney Foundation Donate-a-Car ad where that whiny brat mewls "can you give me a ride?" I want to put my foot through the TV screen every time I hear that whine!
I haven't seen that ad! I should look it up. Oh, wait...maybe I shouldn't. The whining would push me over the edge :)
1. Alarm clock rudely waking me up out of a nice sleep.2. The text message from the phone company when we are close to using our data for the month; it comes always in the wee hours of the morning, scares me to death and usually can't get back to sleep.3. The kitchen timer if I'm not close by to turn it off.betty
Interesting list! All these can be quite annoying.
I'm right there with you and in that order! I'll adjust number 2 to my son's loud music blaring in the car.
Loud music! That has become annoying now that I'm older. In my youth, I had no problem with that. Probably annoyed the older folks! What goes around, comes around... :)
People who slurp through a straw, the sound of licking their fingers when eating ribs or the like, and chomping and chewing with their mouth open. Obviously I have eating issues.
Hahahaha..sure sounds like it!
Great chuckles and chortles yesterday. Sounds? Scratching on the blackboard (less and less of a problem these days!), metal spoons scraping pots, sudden loud noises that make me jump! Have a great day!
Ack...spoons scraping pots! Definitely a very annoying sound. Just thinking about it makes me nuts! LOL
1. Headphones leaking music on the train2. People speaking loudly into their phones on the train3. People watching their iPads with the volume up on the train. Perhaps I should just stay at home.
Hahahaha! Perhaps THESE types of people should stay home :)
WEll, here I go. Since I'm elderly and have a hearing deficiency, most noises mean I can't hear what I want to. So the noise can be almost anything. It used to be scratching fingernails on a chalk board.
Scratching fingernails on a chalk board is definitely an annoying sound! I don't think I could get used to that one.
1. Someone making a sucking sound through their teeth gets on my nerves!2. I'm with you on the LOUD motorcycles!3. And, like Louise above, sudden load noises.
Loud motorcycles drive me crazy, Jim. And they don't have to be that way. My husband is a motorcycle owner/rider and he says that people purposely make their bikes noisy like that. UGH...so annoying.
1. Certain voices at high pitch, just drive my ears up a wall and I can't watch the show or movie. Then there's the movie house, where they have the movie so flippin' loud (so I wear ear protection). And lastly, the sound of our checking account after paying bills. That whoosh, the money is gone, sound. Hate that one.
BAHAHAHAHA...that was funny! Yes, that WHOOSH-THE-MONEY-IS-GONE sound is the worst. The very worst!
Too loud musicPeople who talk too loudly on their mobiles and share their conversation with anyone that's too near them.The alarm clock ... it's just sometimes just to loud and wakes me up LOL !All the best Jan
I get the feeling you don't like 'loud' noises :) LOLPeople who talk too loudly on their mobiles are absolutely annoying. And terribly rude and inconsiderate!
People chewing ice.... *shudder*
Oh, two more.... Yeah. Don't have it at the moment. Oh well!
Now that is totally different! Leave it to you to come up with an original answer :)
naggingdog barkingparents yelling at their children
Naggine! Ugh...for sure. Add whining to it and it's enough to drive you batty!
1. People chewing. That sound of food being moistly sloshed around the mouth makes me want to be ill. 2. Sniffing. Drives me crazy.3. Snoring.Hell is other people.
HAHAHA...your last line made me smile :)
Loud Apt Dweller....that's it, nothing 'hell' bother me oh and of course incessant traffic ...
People should always be considerate of their neighbours!