Thursday, December 31, 2015

And Here We are...

...at the end of another year. 2015 just zipped right by. The years keep rolling along and time seems to be picking up speed as I get older.

It feels like only yesterday that I was 15 (in 1980) and thinking about how incredible it was that I'd be around to witness a new millennium roll in, possibly with children in tow since I'd only be in my mid thirties by then. Well, it did happen that way. I did celebrate the year 2000 as a mother of two young children. But as a single mother. And totally unaware at the time that two years later I'd be crossing paths with the most amazing man in the world and we'd begin our wonderful journey together.


Each year brings along surprises; sometimes they are good, sometimes they are not so good. But they all challenge and help us grow. As individuals. As fellow human beings. Our experiences instill wisdom in us that we take along into the next year. And hopefully we are better people because of it.

As I say goodbye to 2015, I feel at peace. It's been a good year. I am grateful for having been given another 365 days on this beautiful planet with the people I love. And although I don't make resolutions, I do promise, like I do every year, to respect the world I live in, to be compassionate and kind to all living beings, to continue to approach life with enthusiasm and gratitude, and to celebrate every moment of this incredible thing called life.


And last but certainly not least, I am so grateful for all of you and your continued support. Year after year.

I wish you all joy and peace and good health for 2016. And I look forward to the many more adventures we'll share together in the next twelve months.

Happy New Year!

30 comments:

  1. A beautiful promise.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings Just browsing through blogspotville and thought I’d stop in to wish you a happy new year.
    May you have more triumphs than trials
    More joy than sorrow
    More support than judgement
    More Inspiration than discouragement
    More resources and access than obstacles
    and may you know through it all
    That you are blessed and a blessing (by D.S.B.S.Rhapsody)

    Peace.
    Rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://pinterest.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4a442621/rhapsody-phoenix
    http://rhapsodyphoenix.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make resolutions either, but I do make seasonal goals as part of my solstice and equinox holiday celebrations. It's one small goal, to complete in three months. So fun and exciting. Anyway, wishing you the best in 2016. Thanks for the fun, laughs and silly stuff.

    Hugs & Bugs,
    -- Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2016, Wonder Woman! Thanks for all that fun stuff, too. Hugs and bugs from here, as well :)

      Delete
  4. Such lovely thoughts and reflections

    I wish you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year - have a great 2016

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the last quote you posted. So true, and good thought to remember. Happy New year to you and your amazing hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! Looking forward to another year of your beautiful photography!

      Delete
  6. Lovely post to bring us into theNew Year Martha you are such a good writer. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! I wish you a beautiful year ahead.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Just so people don't mix me up with that 'other' Martha :) Happy New Year, Robyn!

      Delete
  8. It is amazing how fast time flies, doesn't it? I can remember so acutely spending New Year's Eve 1999, but forget what I did a week ago :)

    Happy New Year!!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is amazing, Betty. All the more reason to celebrate each day. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year. All the bet for 2016. I look forward to following a fantastic blog in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Red. All the best for 2016. And thanks for being a part of my blogging circle!

      Delete
  10. That quote from Ellen Goodman reminds me of a joke which will reign rampant every 31st December.

    "Don't go to the toilet tonight or you'll only can leave the place next year!"

    The first time might be funny, but it has gone droll for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's the first time I hear it, so it's funny to me :)

      Delete
  11. I really like that Ellen Goodman quote. Words to live by! Happy 2016 to you. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! Happy 2016. I hope it's a good one for you!

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful post on the Old and the New Year :) I love it! I love the way you look at the past and the future. I'm not a fan of specific resolutions either but your goals of being compassionate and kind, enthusiastic and grateful as well as respectful resonates with me. I love that! And I want to join, that's what I want to be the most important things in 2016 as well. And lots of love. Love in everything I do.

    Thank YOU for being so amazing, making us laugh regularly, always being such a sweet soul. It's a blessing to know you here in this blogging world.
    Happy New Year, Martha!
    Lots of love and many, many hugs to you,
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beate, for all these lovely comments! And thank you for being part of my blogging circle. You are one of my favourites :) I wish you and your honey bunny an amazing year ahead. Perhaps one day we'll meet. You just never know! xo

      Delete