Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Grown Up Christmas List

I have spent my entire life in a peaceful and safe society, and although I've encountered some obstacles along the way, it's been a fairly charmed journey so far. So when this time of year arrives and my family asks me what I want for Christmas, my answer is always "I don't need anything". And I really don't. As long as the people I love are healthy and happy, my Christmas wishlist is fulfilled.

It is not the same for everyone. The world is plagued with problems and we certainly have a long way to go before "peace and goodwill to all" are more than just words that we pay lip service to. But I believe we can get there. With understanding and compassion and a warm heart and an open mind. And with one act of kindness at a time.


I've gone from wishing for toys and games and candy as a child to the end of the world's troubles as an adult. That would be the greatest gift of all. For everyone.

Have a beautiful day, everyone.



39 comments:

  1. A wonderful post, Martha! More people should think like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra. Maybe not think like me in every way :)

      Delete
  2. That was a pretty song; I have not heard it before. I do agree with you, Martha. I think if we just treated others like we would want to be treated, the world would be so much more kinder.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, your wishes and the song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right on! I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for putting this out there <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a part of my blogging circle, Hannah!

      Delete
  6. If you had been born 2015 years go... the story would have a wise women too in it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, and I hope you get your grown up wish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. I had not read the quote by Radha Sahar. I am going to print it out and add it to my collection of favourite quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on a similar wavelength. I gave way more than I'm getting. I did ask Daisy for more this year, just to add some Christmas excitement. Hard to get that feeling when you don't get anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Adam. It is nice to receive something.

      Delete
  10. Very good wishes for Christmas Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Martha,

    I totally echo your caring sentiments, my kind friend. What a gift of living in a world where we celebrated diversity in all different, all equal ideal.

    Thank you, in peace and goodwill, for the holiday season and beyond.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary, for being a part of my blogging circle. It's an honour knowing you, my friend. Celebrating diversity...everyone being equal...that is utopia!

      Delete
  12. Mom always answered, Good health, peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a very thoughtful heavy on your list. tTings have become over commercialized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Best to keep it simple and enjoy time with loved ones.

      Delete
  14. I love that song! But I admit I like getting "stuff" too. In our house we don't just go out and buy whatever we want throughout the year, we generally save it for Christmas/birthday so that we actually give each other things we want.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing u & ur family a Merry Christmas & a Very Happy New year:))God Love U

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men. These are still words we need to realize today.
    Peace and Joy to you and your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. All the best to you and yours. Have a great time!

      Delete
  17. Nicely said, Martha.
    Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete