Friday, January 8, 2016

Project 366: Week 1

So today I begin my weekly posts of the photos I take for Project 366, a commitment to snapping one photo per day throughout the year. For now I'm concentrating on a single theme per week but that may change over time.

This week's photo theme: Eating Healthy


Friday, January 01, 2016
Green Beans and Carrots
"Eat your vegetables; they're good for you!"

Project 366, Day 1: Green Beans and Carrots


Saturday, January 02, 2016
Spinach Pasta
"There are healthier options for pasta these days."

Project 366, Day 2: Spinach Pasta


Sunday, January 03, 2016
Red Peppers
"Red peppers are loaded with goodness."

Project 366, Day 3: Red Peppers


Monday, January 04, 2016
Freshly Chopped
"Nothing like fresh ingredients!"

Project 366, Day 4: Freshly Chopped


Tuesday, January 05, 2016
The Cookbook
"Wonderful recipes can be found in cookbooks; many of them quite healthy."

Project 366, Day 5: The Cookbook


Wednesday, January 06, 2016
Tomatoes
"Full of goodness."

Project 366, Day 6: Tomatoes


Thursday, January 07, 2016
Lentils
"A highly nutritional member of the legume family."

Project 366, Day 7: Lentils


What I've learned this week:
I have amazing natural light in my kitchen.
My favourite time to take photos is in the morning or in the evening.
It's fun to try different settings on my camera.
I still have so much to learn!


And that's all for this week. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

40 comments:

  1. All of it looks delicious! You did great capturing the vegetables here; that tomato looks so very ripe and tasty! I didn't know there was spinach pasta; I'll have to check it out.

    Happy weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite tasty, Betty. I think you'll be surprised by the spinach pasta.

      Delete
  2. Gosh I love your projects I love all the food you showed used to be able to eat them, now as I get older seems i eat those i pay the price at night and my neighbours hate me...oh well what can you do, seems the only thing I can eat are bananas and plain rice....yuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to start a couple of projects for years now. It'll be good for me to concentrate on something fun.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pics of healthy food. I just bought a Bon Appetite Cookbook to do the food lover's cleanse and it's full of delicious healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inspiring photos Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful eye for composition. I can't wait for the rest of the year of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Toni. It'll be a challenge to keep it going but now I'm committed!

      Delete
  6. The pictures are quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely photo's here Martha ... you must be pleased with the result.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, Jan, although I could do better. I'm hoping my skills improve throughout the year.

      Delete
  8. Great pictures!! Look like they're right out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your great photos make me want to eat my veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that cookbook Thug Kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. It's from the cookbook "A little taste of India". Good recipes in it.

      Delete
  11. Great photos! I never knew vegetables could look that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some of them taste good, too. Not all. But some :)

      Delete
  12. Just want to tell you, sometimes when I am looking at blogs and my husband happens to walk past, he will notice YOUR photos, and he is VERY impressed! (He is English though, so his understated remark..."Oh, those are very nice"...would be like an American man jumping up and down!!)
    Point is...your photos are VERY VERY GOOD. No lie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this, Kay! This is really nice; really made my day. I'll keep working on particular skills throughout the year. I still have lots to learn!

      Delete
  13. Nice closeups. Makes me want to eat healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an interesting project. I admire your focus. I'd never last out the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of the reasons I'm committing to this...to try and last out the year! I'm usually not that focused :)

      Delete
  15. These shots are amazing, Martha!
    I love the idea of taking 366 pictures this year and your theme for this week is wonderful. Such beautiful close-ups of my favorite foods :)
    Taking a picture every day will also improve your photography skills so much. Looking forward to seeing all those wonderful pictures!
    Have a wonderful and relaxes Sunday.
    Lots of hugs to you,
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, Beate. This project will help me improve my photography skills, which is one of the main reasons I committed to it. I need this type of focus.

      I hope you've been having a lovely weekend. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  16. Pasta, tomatoes and garlic! The holy trifecta. And i would add lots of meat into the dish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great project, Martha! I really like your photographic skills, these look professionally done! LOVE the colours! And have fun experimenting with those lenses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. I've always wanted to commit to such a project, so here I go... :)

      Delete