Friday, January 15, 2016

Project 366: Week 2

This week's photo theme: A Few Of My Favourite Things


Friday, January 08, 2016
Oscar The Grouch Mug
"My favourite tea mug gifted to me by my daughter."

Project 366, Day 8: Oscar The Grouch Mug


Saturday, January 09, 2016
Here, Kitty Kitty
"My sweet cat, Nacho. She was adopted from the Kingston Humane Society on January 2, 2010."

Project 366, Day 9: Here, Kitty Kitty


Sunday, January 10, 2016
Books
"I am an avid reader with a huge collection of books; many of them waiting to be read."

Project 366, Day 10: Books


Monday, January 11, 2016
Simple Pleasures
"A warm bath and a good book to accompany it."

Project 366, Day 11: Simple Pleasures


Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Funky Socks
"It's always fun to wear funky and colourful socks."

Project 366, Day 12: Funky Socks


Wednesday, January 13, 2016
The Other Kitty
"Shy and sweet, Mocha, was adopted from the local humane society on September 11, 2010."

Project 366, Day 13: The Other Kitty


Thursday, January 14, 2016
Macro Lens
"This is definitely one of my favourite things, for obvious reasons!"

Project 366, Day 14: Macro Lens


What I've learned this week:
It is fun but not easy to take images every day.
Sometimes I can't think of anything to photograph.
Other times I think of too many things.
Photographing black cats is challenging.


And that's it for week two. Have a great weekend, everyone!

36 comments:

  1. You did great with the black cat photo :) Both kitties are so cute :) Lots of good reading ahead for you I think!!

    Enjoy the weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Very nice! I'm not surprised to see your camera in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little lens does most of the work. It had to have its moment of glory :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I could jump right into the tub or the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A varied and interesting collection of photos, Martha.
    The cats are adorable and I love the socks!! We 'sport' very colourful ones ourseves here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This project is proving to be a lot of fun. Slightly challenging but fun.

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed your photos, Martha! My mother likes to wear fun, colorful socks too. I usually just go for boring ones. ;) Your kitties are incredibly fortunate that you took them in. I'm sure they are very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are spoiled! And they are so precious. I love them both and I'm so glad we decided to adopt them.

      Delete
  6. Nice collection of photos! I like your socks the best. :) (From one sock lover to another)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My socks are all-white. They have a lot in common with the crowd at a Donald Trump event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all your photos this week Martha, beautiful shot! Now why is Oscar the Grouch your favourite mug?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a few reasons, Christine. 1) My daughter surprised me with it! 2) Oscar the Grouch is my favourite character on Sesame Street. 3) It is a large cup and I get to enjoy a lot of tea.

      Delete
  9. You've given yourself a big challenge. On the other hand, with your photographic ability we'll get lots of great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Red; that's very kind. This will be a great experience. I decided to do this to improve some skills and learn others that I haven't mastered yet.

      Delete
  10. it is really fun to visit you dear,cute cats,amazing bath tub ,great books and pretty socks ,with the end of wise learning ,loved it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photos. Your Mocha is like our Sampson, also a rescue. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful. There are so many beautiful animals waiting for loving homes.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for sharing some of your favourite things ...
    I love your colourful socks.

    Hope your weekend is a good one - open a bottle of wine and relax a while!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! It's cold and grey here, so it's definitely going to be a relaxing weekend :)

      Delete
  13. You did a wonderful photo of your black kitty, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. It also helps that she's so cooperative!

      Delete
  14. I love these pics. I do think you have a great eye and a gift to be honed! Keep snapping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb, for the kind words and support. You rock!

      Delete