I’m supposed to answer 11 questions and post 11 random things about myself. So here goes...
1] Which literary genre do you prefer?
I read a lot of different things but my favourite is fiction. I know too much of what’s going on around the world, some of it downright nasty, so I need an escape from reality. Regularly.
2] Why did you start blogging?
All the cool kids were doing it and I wanted in.
3] Order or chaos?
Order. But not rigidity.
4] Where would you like to live?
Somewhere warmer near the beach. With the most amazing man in the world by my side, of course.
5] Starry sky or sunset?
Sunset. Nothing quite like it. Especially if you enjoy photography.
6] Paper book or e-book?
Paper. Dropping a paper book into the bath, which has happened to me after dozing off, is much less painful than dropping an electronic device.
7] What is the writing for?
Because I have something to say.
8] TV or not TV?
Not TV. I haven’t watched anything on TV at its scheduled time since my younger daughter was a year old. That was 17 years ago. Nor do I follow any popular or recent shows. The most amazing man in the world and I record a handful of programs that we watch together but we typically enjoy movies or binge-watch long running series, many times older ones. Right now we’re enjoying the X-Files. And right before that we zipped through Seinfeld.
9] What do you think about social networks?
I love being able to connect with family and friends, and meeting new people from around the world. That being said, I also don’t let social media take up too much space in my life. I’m able to disconnect and shut down easily.
10] Favorite food?
Pizza. The world became a better place when it was invented.
11] Favorite music genres?
Classic rock. But I’m open to just about anything. If I like a song, I like it. Makes no difference what genre it is.
1. I cannot wear turtle necks or any clothing that has a high neckline. I feel like I’m being strangled or that I’m suffocating.
2. During the first year of high school, I tried out for, and made, the basketball team. But since none of my friends were joining, I didn’t pursue it. I’m not a sports fan, so I’ve no regrets about this.
3. I hate ironing so much that I become hostile when I have to do it. There must be some interesting psychology involved here.
4. Because of some (not very pleasant) past experiences, I can detect toxic people, bullshit and manipulation from a mile away. I consider this a superpower.
5. I was once lifted up into the air by a tidal wave and tossed several metres across the shore. This is what you get when you visit a tropical destination during hurricane season. Remarkably (and thankfully) enough, my bikini stayed put.
6. Sometime in my 30s, I experienced sleep paralysis, which is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move, speak or react. I felt like I was being held down and that there was someone – or something – evil in the room. It was one of the most terrifying experiences I’ve ever had.
7. I always save a small portion of my favourite part of a meal till the end, so the last bite of food leaves a good taste in my mouth. Quirky but satisfying.
8. Food with a slimy texture (ex: oysters, mussels) makes me gag.
9. Materialistic, arrogant, self-absorbed, snobby people also make me gag.
10. Sometimes I mentally slap people upside the head when they say stupid shit or behave like assholes. It makes me feel better and no laws are broken.
11. I’m not bothered by bats, snakes, centipedes or spiders. But pill bugs and silverfish freak me out!
Have a lovely day, everyone.