Friday, February 5, 2016

Project 366: Week 5

In addition to taking photos regularly this past week, I’ve also been experimenting with photo editing, so some of the images have been altered for a more artistic look. This is another reason I’ve taken up this challenge: to learn more about what my photo editor can do.

This week's photo theme: Round


Friday, January 29, 2016
Decor
"Home decorations come in all shapes and sizes."

Project 366, Day 29: Decor


Saturday, January 30, 2016
Breakfast
"A round-shaped breakfast in a round-shaped bowl."

Project 366, Day 30: Breakfast


Sunday, January 31, 2016
Drinking Glasses
"Round, useful…and even colourful."

Project 366, Day 31: Drinking Glasses


Monday, February 01, 2016
Pencil Erasers
"Round and round and round…"

Project 366, Day 32: Pencil Erasers


Tuesday, February 02, 2016
Egg Holders
"These little egg holders have been around the block a few times."

Project 366, Day 33: Egg Holders


Wednesday, February 03, 2016
Burning Candle
"A round candle within a round candle holder."

Project 366, Day 34: Burning Candle


Thursday, February 04, 2016
Wheels
"The wheels on the train go round and round…"

Project 366, Day 35: Wheels


What I've learned this week:
Sometimes you have to photograph something a few times before you get the result you want.
Other times you have to delete all the shots and start all over. After a very deep breath.
Coming up with a new theme each week can be difficult.
My macro lens has been my go-to lens for this project up until now.


And that’s all for week five. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

40 comments:

  1. Cool editing on the drinking glasses photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun with that one. This is just one result. There were many more!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen egg cups like that in a long time; brought back wonderful memories :) Fun with how you are doing this and what you are learning; it will be neat at the end of the year to go back and look at all this and see how far you have come with taking pictures :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those egg holders were my husband's before we got married. I thought they were so quaint, and we kept them. I gave two to my daughter when she went off to university and kept two at home for when she visits. She's the only one that uses them!

      Delete
  3. Another great collection of macro shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. It's been a fun and educational week!

      Delete
  4. Those pics are awesome. I especially like the train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The train is a favourite of mine this week. We just happened to be walking by that and I had to take a shot!

      Delete
  5. Glasses could be enlarged and printed on metal! You could sell lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya think? I'll have to think about doing just that!

      Delete
  6. I like your 'round' photos, Martha. editing can be a lot of fun......and work, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your photos are amazing, so artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photo editing might take over every moment Martha. I found this out one day when I made scads of different choices for one photo that I just couldn't decide which one to share. Over an hour at least and there I was changing the minutest fraction of a tone or whatever. Anyway, I loved every moment of it!

    Keep the photos coming!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I really enjoying playing around with the different features...but...before I know it...WHAM...I have a dozen different results for ONE image :) Oh well, at least I'm having fun.

      Delete
    2. There's no stopping me now. I've gone photo-editing mad :)

      Delete
  9. It is all a never ending fun learning lesson that's for sure ! Great photos . I photograph in RAW form makes any adjustment I want to do to them easier and better as RAW in digital is like a negative from the older cameras and even then was easier to adjust by the developers or in my case me as back then I developed my own before I got into digital . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all about RAW. It's a great way to take images, especially if you want to do something special with them.

      Delete
  10. All of these are very good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. The first two, in particular, could easily be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Natalie :) That is nice of you to say.

      Delete
  12. You get 110% from me on the photos this week. You've put a lot of effort into these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Red! That's very kind. It's been a fun week. And educational, too!

      Delete
  13. you have got a superb talent dear,and these pics are the speaking proof of it,candle looks so mysterious if i look at it constantly ,

    bundle of pencils attracts as pic up one and make a sketch ,

    the laying cup grabbed much attention ,and black and white pic has a fascinating affect on mind

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's good to experiment
    Some great shots here

    Happy Weekend Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  15. I think all of these photos are great but there is just something very appealing about the cheerios. I think the composition must be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. Are you sure you're not just hungry? :)

      Delete
  16. so Girl, tell me what's going a'round here? missed 'ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same old thing, Lorraine. Nice to see you here. You've really been missed!

      Delete