Friday, February 19, 2016

Project 366: Week 7

I’m very late getting my blog post up for this week’s Project 366 photos but that couldn’t be helped. It’s been a busy period again but in a very good way; my daughter was off from school and she spent the past few days with us. She left this morning and I already miss her. It’s always such a joy having her here.

Despite how hectic the week was, I managed to stay committed to this project and here are this week’s images...

This week's photo theme: Time


Friday, February 12, 2016
The Clock Keeps Ticking
"Time waits for no one."

Project 366, Day 43: The Clock Keeps Ticking


Saturday, February 13, 2016
Celebrations
"Every festive occasion marks the passage of time."

Project 366, Day 44: Celebrations


Sunday, February 14, 2016
Aging
"All living things succumb to the aging process."

Project 366, Day 45: Aging


Monday, February 15, 2016
Timeworn Wooden Spoon
"This wooden spoon belonged to my grandmother and it dates back to the early 1900s."

Project 366, Day 46: Timeworn Wooden Spoon


Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Reading Glasses
"Time ages our eyes and reading glasses become necessary."

Project 366, Day 47: Reading Glasses


Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Outdated
"Technological advancements and changes constantly render once familiar and popular things outdated or obsolete.”

Project 366, Day 48: Outdated


Thursday, February 18, 2016
Cherished Memories
“In time we all become a memory." (Photos of my father who died in February 2007)

Project 366, Day 49: Cherished Memories


What I've learned this week:
Stay calm when you are overloaded with responsibilities. You’ll get to everything in good time.
I am discovering beauty in the most unusual details through my camera lens.
A camera is always within reach and I never leave home without one.
Photography is a way of expressing myself.


And that’s it for week seven. Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

30 comments:

  1. Just a wonderful perspective in these photos! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The theme and photos really make you stop and think about things. The photos and theme go together to say some important things about life. You'll never be the same after this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great comment! I'm glad it had that kind of effect on you. This was a very interesting theme to work one. It did indeed make me stop and think.

      Delete
  3. Wow! How neat that you still have your grandmother's spoon from the early 1900s! As you probably could guess, I love that clock! Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother gave me that spoon not too long ago. It's pretty remarkable that she still had it. It is probably the oldest thing I have. And I figured you'd like that clock photo :)

      Delete
  4. I love that spoon!! The stories it could tell!! So glad you had a chance to visit with your daughter :) Great theme this week!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Betty; that spoon must have some great stories to tell!

      Delete
  5. Super Mario World is timeless. Thankfully any kid can easily get it downloaded on their Wii or WiiU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, Adam. It is definitely a favourite of mine.

      Delete
  6. Great macro shots Martha. That spoon is truly a keepsake and the photos of your Dad must bring back such wonderful memories of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those photos bring back wonderful memories of my dad. I go through them when I'm really missing him.

      Delete
  7. Another great photo collection! I especially liked the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a story that spoon has to tell. Beautiful.
    Tick.....tock....

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'This wooden spoon belonged to my grandmother' ... now that is special.

    'Cherished memories' ... you can't beat them.

    So lovely to have spent time with your daughter...

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend and all good wishes for the new week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! I hope you've been enjoying the weekend, as well.

      Delete
  10. Great captures Martha ~~ maybe next year I will participate ~ you do have a "way" about you with your wording and clarity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron! I think you'd enjoy a project like this. You already take so many photographs, so staying committed would be easy. It's a challenge, for sure, but I'm having fun with it. And learning so much along the way.

      Delete
  11. Hello,

    Amazing photos with thought provoking comments above each one of them which is really true.

    Time waits for no one, All living things are subject to aging process and in time we will all become memories are some of my favorites. I was also astonished to note that you have preserved your grandma's wooden spoon which is almost hundred years old. The photo of the spoon is breath taking.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joseph, for this lovely message! Very kind of you. Best wishes from Canada!

      Delete
  12. wow what a amazing photos ,like they tell a story of life through their portrait,

    these hands of clocks always shout for more hurry,they remind me the time when i used to feel sitting over them without any direction and use but now they are cheerful friends ,

    this faded rose is revealing the Biggest fact of life that from our very first breath we start running towards our death,

    I too have some old objects from my mom and they are special and above everything else ,loved looking at you grandma's spoon dear,

    and yes we all will become just a memory one day ,hope to be remembered by some loved ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely thoughts, Baili! Time affects all of us in every way. "from our very first breath we start running towards our death," Truer words could not be spoken. And because of that, we should make the best of every moment we are here!

      Delete
  13. Excellent photos related to time. I am really pulled to the photo of the clock. Not sure why. Maybe it's the contrast of white against the dark blue but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great and you're spot on. Stay calm.

    ReplyDelete