Friday, February 26, 2016

Project 366: Week 8

By now, some of you may be wondering what’s with all the indoor, macro shots, and whether there will ever be anything else. Well, that’s none of your business. This is my blog and I’ll do whatever I want.

Just kidding...

There will definitely be other photos in the future, many of them outside. But because I lack the most experience with indoor photography, especially lighting and close-ups, this project is a great opportunity to practice those skills. So far I’m satisfied with the results, particularly because all of the images up until now have been taken with natural light and without the aid of a tripod. They are all hand-held shots and captured with a lens that has no image stabilization, which means I’ve got a steady hand and nerves of steel! [snort]

Let’s stop the babble and get to this week’s images.

This week's photo theme: Handy


Friday, February 19, 2016
Batteries
"They come in all shapes and sizes, and are a common source of power."

Project 366, Day 50: Batteries


Saturday, February 20, 2016
Flashlights
"Useful in so many ways, especially during power failures!"

Project 366, Day 51: Flashlights


Sunday, February 21, 2016
The Mighty Mouse
"Some of us still rely on these useful gadgets."

Project 366, Day 52: The Mighty Mouse


Monday, February 22, 2016
Push Pins
"Useful for attaching things such as papers and photographs to a wall or bulletin board."

Project 366, Day 53: Push Pins


Tuesday, February 23, 2016
The Calculator
"Once upon a time, hand-held electronic calculators were so expensive, they were considered a luxury item.”

Project 366, Day 54: The Calculator


Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Needle and Thread
“Because sometimes you need to do a little sewing.”

Project 366, Day 55: Needle and Thread


Thursday, February 25, 2016
Tools
“Tools are not only handy, they're a necessity.”

Project 366, Day 56: Tools


What I've learned this week:
My camera is a cherished item. If anything ever happens to it, I will immediately replace it. And figure out how to pay for it later!
It is getting easier to photograph dark colours, especially black.
Changing the perspective can turn the most mundane object into an interesting image.
My home is overflowing with photo opportunities.


And that’s a wrap for week eight. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

34 comments:

  1. Once again, spectacular work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply honest.

      I may try a few today. I have received my repaired lens for my camera. I was too dumb to even know it wasn't working right until it was completely broken. I was blaming my poor photography skills. I may be better than I think...let's hope!

      Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
    2. I would love to see what you shoot, so I hope you share some of the images you snap!

      Delete
  2. Great theme and great interpretation of the theme. I'm not sure I would have come up with the good ideas you had for the pictures with Handy! Very nicely done!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. I'm so happy for you about the news of your grandchild!

      Delete
  3. Where would we be without the mouse!

    A very good selection again Martha, and I'm so pleased you are enjoying doing the photography, as we are looking at the results!

    Wishing you a good weekend ahead

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Jan. I can't do without the mouse!

      Delete
  4. Always enjoy these artistic indoor shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are really a wonderful photographer dear Martha ,loved each shot of your's ,you make common thing of use very special with your artistic attitude

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the perspective on these shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! Perspective is another thing I'm practicing.

      Delete
  7. You have made ordinary things look spectacular! Beautiful shots, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent Girl, you make everything look magical and oh so much fun...I love them all..and I'm with you if my camera would stop working I'd get another even it meant lack of food...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't live without our cameras, eh? I just can't imagine that. It is my favourite pastime.

      Delete
  9. Excellent shots. I especially like the brightly colored push pins and thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are my favourites because I love bright colours.

      Delete
  10. Even though I have a laptop, I always use the mouse and real keyboard. The one's on the laptop are garbage, most usually are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Adam. I prefer the mouse and a real keyboard, too.

      Delete
  11. It's great that you are working on your least experienced areas of photography. I should really do the same....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to practice our weaker areas. I've been meaning to do that for a long time and this project is the perfect motivator!

      Delete
  12. There's something about the push pins that catches my eye. Could be the color , could be the shape, I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be both. That one reminds me of a centipede, but a colourful one!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! It took a few tries to finally get something I was happy with.

      Delete
  14. Imaginative, creative, professional, and educational, Martha. You could easily be a commercial photographer with the standard of excellence you have set for yourself. Nice work!
    We LOVE your sense of 'snorting' humour!! Had us snorting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind words! Thanks, Jim. And we all need to snort once in awhile, no? It's good for us :)

      Delete
  15. I love this post. I still remember your old blog and man, do you have an eye. Yes, the camera is a cherished toy for sure, but your eye is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wonder Woman! Hope your Monday rocks :)

      Delete
    2. My Monday did rock, thanks. Actually, the whole darn week was spot on.

      Delete
    3. That is super. Mine was pretty good. This one coming up will be busy. The house needs cleaning again!

      Delete