Friday, March 18, 2016

Project 366: Week 11

With some free time and a lot more motivation, this week’s photo snapping was fairly smooth. In addition to an easier week, I reminded myself that this is supposed to be an enjoyable project and a way to improve my skills. Not a chore. And self said “You’re right! Let’s have fun.” Sometimes I have to have pep talks with self, especially when it spins a little out of control.

Well, with the weather being so wonderfully mild I (together with self) decided to step out into the back yard. Below are some of the things I (and self) captured.

This week's photo theme: In The Yard


Friday, March 11, 2016
Stepping Onto The Deck
"The first steps into the backyard begin on the deck."

Project 366, Day 71: Stepping Onto The Deck


Saturday, March 12, 2016
Snow Shovels
"It’s time to put these away.”

Project 366, Day 72: Snow Shovels


Sunday, March 13, 2016
Backyard Friends
"Chipmunks are always a welcome sight after a long winter."

Project 366, Day 73: Backyard Friends


Monday, March 14, 2016
Surrounded By The Seasons
"I think spring is going to win this round!"

Project 366, Day 74: Surrounded By The Seasons


Tuesday, March 15, 2016
The Shed
"It’s time to open it up and get out the garden gear.”

Project 366, Day 75: The Shed


Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Cherry Tree Buds
“One of the most beautiful signs of spring.”

Project 366, Day 76: Cherry Tree Buds


Thursday, March 17, 2016
After The Rain
“Everything looks so fresh after a rainfall.”

Project 366, Day 77: After The Rain


What I've learned this week:
Some weeks are better than others.
The sounds and smells and sights of nature are food for the soul.
Photography is a form of meditation for me.
Overcast days are wonderful for outdoor photography.


And so week eleven, which was quite enjoyable, comes to an end. A terrific weekend to all blogging friends!

36 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated by that macro of your shed door. So rich in different textures and colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about macro lenses...they capture so much detail!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic shots. Great perception.

    Looking like flip flip weather soon.

    Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully flip flop weather comes early this year, Gail! Happy weekend to you :)

      Delete
  3. That chipmunk is so cute! Great theme for this week and I do hope the snow shovels won't have to be used any more this year :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not, Betty! I'd rather see the spring flowers rising than snow coming down :)

      Delete
  4. Cute little chipmunk. We are traveling to Ohio this weekend to see my son in college and they are supposed to get some snow there. We are pumped up to see a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! Have a wonderful time with your son.

      Delete
  5. Well Martha - your best project post yet !
    I am awarding you a special gold star !

    They are all fantastic photo's and I think these word of yours sums this post up so well !

    "Some weeks are better than others.
    The sounds and smells and sights of nature are food for the soul.
    Photography is a form of meditation for me.
    Overcast days are wonderful for outdoor photography."

    Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a brilliant weekend, surrounded by love and happiness.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! So cute, Jan. No matter the age, we all like receiving a gold star :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Love all the textures and colors in your beautiful photos. That chipmunk shot is amazing. By the time I would of lined up my shot that little critter would of been long gone. As long as you are having a discussion with yourself...be sure to tell yourself how talented you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor little bugger was trapped in the easvestrough, which made it easier for me. All I had to do was put a peanut near the entrance (or exit) to spark some curiosity and wait. It never fails!

      Delete
  7. Looking at these photos is like reading a story, Martha. So beautiful and detailed. What a great catch of the chipmunk! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for your kind words, Tina! I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  8. Fun. I want to write a story of what's behind the shed doors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great texture from the brick on your second photo. As usual all surprising photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to see and photograph if we slow down and really look around!

      Delete
  10. Martha, I really like your framing in these. And I always like what you see and record.
    It looks like you guys may be slightly ahead of us here in N.S. weatherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you totally understand it, too, Jim. Because you capture all kinds of interesting things!

      Delete
  11. I hope I don't even see another snowflake for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos! I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the chipmunk photo! Why is it that I despise squirrels at the bird feeder but will deliberately leave treats out for chipmunks? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing for some it's because chipmunks are smaller and they seem more vulnerable. And they don't eat as much!

      Are you back from your trip? How was it? How did you manage with the minimalist packing. I hope you blog all about it!

      Delete
  14. Love the little monkey in the bag and Jesus in the corner there. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nawwwww chipmunk! Now I'm remembering Chip n Dale cartoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the little buggers! They are so darn cute.

      Delete
  16. I am fascinated with textures, and this collection of photos is full of them. Just marvelous! You can see and feel the moisture in the melting snow; and that last leaf ~ WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fascinated by them, too. I'll be doing a week of those types of photos at some point. It'll be fun putting that together!

      Delete