Friday, March 25, 2016

Project 366: Week 12

Some weeks are better than others and this has been one of the better ones. No matter how busy and crazy it got, I managed to stay afloat and even find time to have fun. Especially with photography. I seem to have found the balance needed to work on this project while enjoying it.

I couldn’t quite settle on a specific theme this time around, so I decided to simply take photos of whatever caught my eye outside. The majority were snapped outdoors but three of them were actually taken through my kitchen window. Bonus points to whoever guesses which ones they might be!

This week's photo theme: Outdoor Hodgepodge


Friday, March 18, 2016
Clematis
"It won’t be long before this trellis is overflowing with lovely blooms."

Project 366, Day 78: Clematis


Saturday, March 19, 2016
Weathered
"As things age, they develop character.”

Project 366, Day 79: Weathered


Sunday, March 20, 2016
Reflections
"They can be found everywhere."

Project 366, Day 80: Reflections


Monday, March 21, 2016
Grass
"Not awake yet, but still lovely to walk on."

Project 366, Day 81: Grass


Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Outdoor Temperature
"Morning temperature for early spring in Canada!”

Project 366, Day 82: Outdoor Temperature


Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Outdoor Lighting
“Every garden needs some.”

Project 366, Day 83: Outoor Lighting


Thursday, March 24, 2016
Snow and Ice
“Not what you'd like to see on your deck on a spring morning.”

Project 366, Day 84: Ice and Snow


What I've learned this week:
Don’t wait until later. Take that photo as soon as the opportunity arises or that opportunity may be lost forever.
Don’t quit on a scene that captures your eye. Adjust the settings on your camera as many times as you have to get it right.
Photograph what interests you and there’ll always be something interesting to photograph.
My kitchen windows are cleaner than they’ve ever been!


That brings us to the end of week twelve. A terrific weekend to all blogging friends! And a Happy Easter to those celebrating.

30 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you see! I'd say the last 3 are from inside looking out.
    Your temperature looks just about right for here too! Have a great weekend, Martha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, Jim! I didn't even have to step outside :)
      The weather has been just right for this time of year, I'd say.

      Delete
  2. ... you're very welcome to clean my kitchen windows too! LOL!

    Great photo's, my favourite is reflections ...

    Enjoy Friday and Happy Easter Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Jan, I don't do windows :) I forced myself to wash ours - together with my hubby - because we're selling the house. Otherwise, no way!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. I hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous, Martha. I love, love, love the one with the reflection of the tree. What a good eye you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. This project has been challenging but also lots of fun!

      Delete
  5. I love the reflection one the best, but all great! Really, I think you need to put together a picture of your favorites from the year to remember this year and how much your photography is improving :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just do that, Betty! I should reward myself at the end of the year for sticking with it!

      Delete
  6. I'll bite. The last three are through the window. Good advice on photos. things don't stay still for you to take your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the ones! There was ice and snow that day, so I took a chance on taking images from the kitchen. It worked out fine.

      Delete
  7. Great pics Martha and wonderful advice too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Easter weekend!

      Delete
  8. My guess is the temp and the outdoor light are from your kitchen. Either that, or the blue boots. Great lessons, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are right. I was looking out the window while the ice and snow was coming down and noticed both and thought "Why not?"

      Delete
    2. That's how I think, too. Why not?

      Delete
    3. Great minds, Wonder Woman, great minds... :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Adam. I hope your house hunting is going well.

      Delete
  10. That's funny that you mentioned your kitchen windows being clean, because I was looking for the tell-tale clues of little spots or smears in your photos to decide which had been taken through the window! Yes, your windows must be very clean because it would be painfully obvious if you were to take pictures through mine!! I'm guessing the thermometer and the garden light anyway. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are correct. Our windows weren't always clean like this. We forced ourselves to polish them up when we put our house up for sale! :)

      Delete
  11. Happy Easter, Martha! I really enjoyed this series of photos. It's hard to pick favorites but "weathered" and "reflections" really spoke to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! It's a fun project. I'm glad I took it on even though it can be quite challenging at times. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Easter weekend!

      Delete
  12. Hope you had a great Easter weekend, Martha.
    I like these vivid images, "Grass" is my favorite.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete