Friday, March 4, 2016

Project 366: Week 9

Another week has gone by and I’m still going strong with this project which is challenging, fun and even educational. In a very short period of time, I’ve discovered new things about my camera, practiced weaker areas of my photo taking skills and learned how to solve some common photography problems. It’s going to be an interesting year!

This week's photo theme: Games People Play


Friday, February 26, 2016
Card Games
"So many different types; always fun."

Project 366, Day 57: Card Games


Saturday, February 27, 2016
Word Games
"Word games can be quite challenging. A good exercise for the brain."

Project 366, Day 58: Word Games


Sunday, February 28, 2016
Chess
"A strategic game played worldwide by amateurs and professionals."

Project 366, Day 59: Chess


Monday, February 29, 2016
Backgammon
"Involving a combination of strategy and luck, backgammon is one of the oldest board games."

Project 366, Day 60: Backgammon


Tuesday, March 01, 2016
Trivial Pursuit
"Where knowledge junkies get their fix.”

Project 366, Day 61: Trivial Pursuit


Wednesday, March 02, 2016
Risk
“The game of global domination.”

Project 366, Day 62: Trivial Pursuit


Thursday, March 03, 2016
Poker
“This seems like a good hand.”

Project 366, Day 63: Poker


What I've learned this week:
Sometimes you need to delete all the photos you took and start all over.
If you want to find a solution to the problem you have to be persistent.
Remove dust from dark backgrounds because the macro lens will pick it up.
When you’re balancing on your toes and trying to keep from shaking the camera, that’s when the cat will decide to rub up against your legs and throw you off balance!


And so week nine comes to an end. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

34 comments:

  1. I like these, especially the Trivial Pursuit one -- gawd, I haven't played that game in so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite games. Although it could get frustrating :)

      Delete
  2. What I found frightening was when you wrote "week nine comes to an end"
    The weeks sure go fast.

    I do like the way the texture of those cards show in your first photo and the reflection and light on the chess game.

    I think you have been enjoying this project.
    Enjoy your Friday and have a good weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed been enjoying this project. And so many more weeks to go. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Jan!

      Delete
  3. You are very talented! These are fantastic.

    I hope to get my lens repaired soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail! I appreciate it. And I look forward to the images you share. I also hope it doesn't cost too much to get that lens repaired!

      Delete
  4. Crisp and so well-framed, Martha.
    When does your class begin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks, Jim :) I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon but your comment made me smile!

      Delete
  5. These are really good, Martha. Love the chess one especially. You are doing a great job with these close-ups. They are so clear and the light is very nice. Maybe a project like this would help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. This is a good project to commit to. A little challenging but well worth the effort for how much you'll learn.

      Delete
  6. I love them all Girl but the one with the 'dusty white' is my favourite, wow I love what you're doing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! I hope your weekend is off to a great start.

      Delete
  7. LOL about the cat :) Probably was just waiting for the right time to do that :)

    Very nicely done! That chess one came out great!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what cats do, Betty! They get a kick out of that :)

      Delete
  8. I really love these photos you have been taking, so artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy these photos, the clarity and colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate online scrabble (words with friends) because everybody cheats

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun photos! Some of these would be so cool printed on metal and hung on game room walls. Have you thought about selling some of your images on etsy?

    You have inspired me to be more observant of photo ops in the house instead of getting in the car and driving miles and miles. Going to get the Macro out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about putting together my favourite shots and trying to sell them. And I might do that. But I'm going to wait until we sell our home and move into the next, so I can be settled in. Once the moving/selling stuff begins, it's going to be very hectic around here and I won't have time for extra stuff!

      Delete
  12. #3 is my favorite--As you probably guessed ;) Scrabble has to be my second favorite--except I like Take Two Scrabble (also known as Speed Scrabble). Regular scrabble is a bit slow for me. Great shots of fun games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you with chess, Bethany! And I wonder why? :)

      I really enjoy Scrabble, too, but find it a little slow. I've never heard of Take Two Scrabble. Maybe I'd enjoy that more.

      Delete
  13. another collection of cool macro shots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are really very talented dear you got guts to make ordinary things extraordinary with your artistic attitude

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks, Wonder Woman. This is a good project for me. Keeps me focused!

      Delete
  16. I so look forward to these special photo posts, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Nancy! That is really nice of you to say.

      Delete
  17. Lovely post . Gave me so much of memories

    ReplyDelete