Friday, April 8, 2016

Project 366: Week 14

Here we are at another end of the week and somehow or other I managed to round up another seven photos. Because I’m determined to stick with this. Again, no specific theme; just random shots of whatever captures my eye.

My motivation was just as low this time around if not lower for this photo project and even for blogging, which I didn’t bother with again yesterday. It could be the weather causing it, it could be a number of other things that I won’t bore my readers with. But I’ve been down this road before and I trust that this feeling will pass.

Now here are the pictures that I kicked myself in the rear end to capture. Enjoy them or else... *snort*

This week's photo theme: This Week


Friday, April 01, 2016
By The Pond
"Taking a stroll by the water is my favourite thing to do."

Project 366, Day 92: By The Pond


Saturday, April 02, 2016
Waiting Patiently
"Next in line to order coffee.”

Project 366, Day 93: Waiting Patiently


Sunday, April 03, 2016
Evening Stroll
"Beauty can be found in the simplest ways."

Project 366, Day 94: Evening Stroll


Monday, April 04, 2016
Snow In April
"Not what you want to see this late in the year."

Project 366, Day 95: Snow In April


Tuesday, April 05, 2016
Keep The Faith
"The weather will get better and spring will truly spring.”

Project 366, Day 96: Keep The Faith


Wednesday, April 06, 2016
Buried In Snow
“Not the type of weather these flowers want to wake up to.”

Project 366, Day 97: Buried In Snow


Thursday, April 07, 2016
At The Bird Bath
“Hanging around the bird bath on a snowy morning on a spring day.”

Project 366, Day 98: At The Bird Bath


What I've learned this week:
I do not like seeing snow in April.
You can round up seven images even if you have to force yourself to do it.
My love for photography must be profound to keep this going even when I don’t feel like it.
I’m proud of myself for completing another week of this project!


Week fourteen is over and I managed to stay afloat. Have a wonderful weekend, blogging friends!

34 comments:

  1. Wow. Birdbath is a magical photo! Should be a greeting card and more.
    Happy Friday, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Robyn! That's very kind. It actually turned out a lot better than I expected.

      Delete
  2. Even when you didn't think you did great, you did outstanding! Loved all of these!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy these photos, sure hope you get your mojo back soon and especially for blogging! You're such a good writer Martha, maybe you could take up writing in some form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. I do hope I get my mojo back, perhaps when the weather is much nicer/warmer. There was a time when I seriously considered taking up writing and sometimes I think about that, but lately it's been more about photography. Perhaps I can find a way to combine the two. That would be perfect!

      Delete
  4. The picture of those tiles with your shoes it divine and I personally enjoyed the dove at the snowy bird bath a lot too :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! I carry a camera with me at all times, so I just snap away whatever catches my eye.

      Delete
  5. Good for you for sticking to it! I hope you feel better soon. All of these photos are stunning, but the last one of the bird in the snow--absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to stick with this project, Tina; I know I can do it if I stay focused!

      Delete
  6. Snow should not be part of April. We hadn't had it in awhile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Adam! I don't want snow in April.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you're still getting snow. Too bad you can't ship it west to our mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts are never boring. :-)

    I especially like the one where you are waiting for coffee. Interesting pattern on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm stuck in line, I use that opportunity to look around, up, down. In this case, it turned out worthwhile!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photo of the dove in the snow! And...I do hate saying snow is beautiful in April, but as long as I only have to see it in photos, I guess it's ok. :) Enjoyed your captures. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany. The dove photo is my favourite this week. When I saw that beautiful little bird sitting there with the snow coming down, I had to take that shot! I'm so glad I did.

      Delete
  10. Martha
    They are all fantastic but you saved the most fantastic one 'til last "“Hanging around the bird bath on a snowy morning on a spring day.” F A N T A B U L O U S ... there I've even made up a word to describe it!

    The snow must go soon and you can enjoy some warmer sunny days.

    Hang in there, I'm sure things will improve soon and your 'joie de vivre' will return.
    In the meantime - I've poured you a glass of chilled white!

    Take care my blogging friend and have a good weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan! You are very kind. I did manage to get my photos done for the week and I'm very happy about that. My motivation will pick up at some point; this is temporary.

      And chilled white is my favourite. How did know? :)

      Delete
  11. Congrats on completing another week and for the record, you don't bore me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are always amazing but just as the others have mentioned, I especially like the birdbath. That is incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! That is my favourite this week. So glad the week is over...now onto the next :)

      Delete
  13. It seems that when you try something always comes along to make a good photo opportunity. You are ready and able to use thee opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I carry a camera with me at all times, so I don't miss an opportunity. This has been especially helpful during low motivation periods like the past two weeks. Somehow I managed to get through them though!

      Delete
  14. Love the Boots (look like my favorite Boots that I wore out ) and Dove picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love those boots, too. They are wearing out but I will keep using them until I absolutely can't anymore. They are so comfortable!

      Delete
  15. At first I thought the bird was frozen, then took a second look and thought, why isn't he frozen, it looks C.O.L.D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. It's wasn't the warmest of days!

      Delete