Friday, April 15, 2016

Project 366: Week 15

It’s Friday once again and that means another round of photos to share as I continue to focus on my commitment to ‘Project 366 – 2016’; one photo per day, every day, for the entire year. This week was much easier. I’ve started going for early morning walks as often as possible with camera in hand. If something captures my eye...SNAP goes the camera. This morning activity is not only a healthy activity for the body but also for the mind; it’s very refreshing and even meditative.

Below are the photos that were taken on these strolls.

This week's photo theme: Morning Sightings


Friday, April 08, 2016
April Snow
"The day began with flurries but it did get better."

Project 366, Day 99: April Snow


Saturday, April 09, 2016
Out For A Stroll
"The greenspace behind my home.”

Project 366, Day 100: Out For A Stroll


Sunday, April 10, 2016
A Planted Cup
"What will grow from this?"

Project 366, Day 101: A Planted Cup


Monday, April 11, 2016
Perched Up High
"A feathered friend enjoying a sunny morning."

Project 366, Day 102: Perched Up High


Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Industrial Areas
"Not the prettiest areas, but certainly areas where photographic opportunities arise.”

Project 366, Day 103: Industrial Areas


Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Weathered Wood
“One of my favourite things to photograph.”

Project 366, Day 104: Weathered Wood


Thursday, April 14, 2016
At The Park
“No walk is complete without a stop at the playground.”

Project 366, Day 105: At The Park


What I've learned this week:
Motivation fluctuates from day to day; just ride out the low periods.
The animals are wide awake and full of energy in the early morning.
Put on layers of clothing and adjust/remove as the temperature/environment changes.
There is nothing quite like being outdoors!


And that's it for week fifteen; a much more enjoyable one. Wishing all my blogging friends a beautiful weekend!

38 comments:

  1. Lovely photos--you captured the blue, blue sky so well. I find taking photos outdoors meditative too--and it makes me more aware of the details, things I might have overlooked. The green space behind your home is beautiful--what a great place for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very beautiful area to walk through. I usually begin my walk in that area and then choose a direction from there.

      Delete
  2. The flurries are gorgeous. And you are so right about motivation levels. I actually enjoy the highs as well as the lows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about weathered wood and old paint. You help me see them in whole new ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most unlikely things sometimes make the nicest photographs!

      Delete
  4. I love all. Of these photos, now I feel like a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I hope you got a walk in. That's always nice.

      Delete
  5. That is a cool green area behind your house! Would be fun to walk on that! I liked the picture of the dusting of snow :)

    Very well done! (and these weeks seem to get shorter and shorter, don't they?)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to get shorter and shorter, Betty! I think it feels even more so when I'm really busy, which I was this week!

      Delete
  6. I don't know what will grow from that but hopefully, whatever the ticket on the cup was, it was a winner.

    Happy Weekend. It's my jog day! Rah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually a label from a McDonald's cup that has spaces for stickers (not sure how many spaces) and every time you get a coffee, you also get a sticker that you add to that label. When the label is full, you get a free coffee.

      Delete
  7. Your photos are AAMMMAAAAZZZZEEE-ing! I love all the colors and textures. Your really have an artist's eyes. I agree with you about morning walks being good for the body and the mind. It's a lovely way to start a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. Soon we'll be getting our bikes out, so there's be walking and cycling, which is the best!

      Delete
  8. The weathered painted boards almost gave me vertigo as I thought it was water in a pond. So nice catch on the old boards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those old boards are fantastic for photographs. There is so much texture in them. And colours!

      Delete
  9. Great series of photos this week, Martha!....I like the weathered wood and industial shots.
    Oh yes...that motivation that can change from day to day. You are a wise woman.....waiting out the lows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to just go with the flow, Jim. Some days or weeks are just better than others.

      Delete
  10. I miss the days at the old playground

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thinking you like the colour blue, from your photos week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great selection and isn't it a amazing how some weathered board makes for such a brilliant photo, and I love the colour of it too.

    Have a great weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, Jan. It's all the texture that makes for a great image.

      Delete
  13. Nice job! I like so many of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice selection of photo from your neighborhood walks. And yes, there is nothing like being outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I'm talking about, Linda! Being outdoors is the best.

      Delete
  15. beautiful scenes from the week ... hope that snow is on it's last leg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any for quite a few days, so I'm hoping we are truly done with it!

      Delete
  16. I tell you what grow out of the coffee cup... my frustration! I don't know how often I picked up garbage and there is a garbage can not even 5 steps from the discard... I guess you know now what is my pet peeves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pet peeve of mine, too, so you're certainly not alone! And there are garbage cans throughout the green space where this cup was tossed. I can't - for the life of me - understand how people litter!

      Delete
  17. I always enjoy your photos Martha...
    Have a great week ahead!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete