Friday, April 22, 2016

Project 366: Week 16

So here we are for another round of photos taken for my ‘Project 366 – 2016’; one photo per day, every day, for the entire year. I was quite busy this week and it zipped right by. But I did manage to squeeze in some early morning walks to exercise the body, relax the mind and get some fresh air while enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of spring. I carry a small point and shoot camera with me at all times and notice everything as I walk along. That’s what happens when you shut down computers and cell phones and every other distraction and completely immerse yourself in your surroundings. There’s a big, beautiful world out there waiting to be discovered. All you need to do is pay attention.

This week's photo theme: I Spy


Friday, April 15, 2016
A Very Pregnant Robin
"Looks like Mrs. Robin is with egg. Or rather, with a few eggs."

Project 366, Day 106: A Very Pregnant Robin


Saturday, April 16, 2016
A Discarded Feather
"Blending so perfectly with its surroundings.”

Project 366, Day 107: A Discarded Feather


Sunday, April 17, 2016
Enjoying A Swim
"The water is great. Come on in!"

Project 366, Day 108: Enjoying A Swim


Monday, April 18, 2016
Discarded
"An old and rusty bicycle discovered along the way."

Project 366, Day 109: Discarded


Tuesday, April 19, 2016
The Fence
"A pop of colour makes an otherwise dull fence eye-catching.”

Project 366, Day 110: Colourful and Vibrant


Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Furry Friend
“Got peanuts?”

Project 366, Day 111: Furry Friend


Thursday, April 21, 2016
Words of Wisdom
“Every day should feel like spring.”

Project 366, Day 112: Words of Wisdom


What I've learned this week:
There is a wonderful flurry of activity in the early morning.
Stepping away from all the distractions is good for the soul.
Look up, look down, look around...there are so many interesting sights waiting to be discovered.
This project is going to be the most challenging but also most rewarding thing I do this year!


That’s a wrap for week sixteen. Thank you for stopping by. Have a beautiful weekend, everyone!

46 comments:

  1. Week 16!! Where is this year going?

    So true what we find when we stay off technology and enjoy nature :) Early morning walks are the best too since so many creatures are waking up and starting their day. Wouldn't it be neat down the road to see the babies from the robin?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often have a robin nest somewhere around our home and it's so exciting when the babies are born. And when they leave the nest! I enjoy walking in the morning because the animals are so energetic. Sunday mornings are the best because the animals and alert and the humans are sleeping in!

      Delete
  2. Love all of your photos!! Those are taken with a point and shoot camera??? I guess I suspected you always were using a DSLR or something. Of course, it's not only the clarity and colors of your photos that wows me but you really have an eye for interesting shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! Yup, those are all taken with a point and shoot camera. When I go walking I like to take along a pocket-sized camera and a DSLR is far from that! But not all my images are with compact cameras. My DSLR has taken its fair share of photos!

      Delete
  3. Great photos, the robin's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe it's Mr. Robin, he had too many beers during the past winter :)

    But if we step away from the computer, how are we going to get your post?

    A great weekend for you too Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning photos Martha! Interesting to see the pregnant robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never really paid attention to the female robins being pregnant even though they're here every year right outside my window. But for some reason, it caught my attention on these walks!

      Delete
  6. Words of wisdom on that sign, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, on the living like it was spring. Great photos.

    Happy Weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend, Wonder Woman. Hope your day was a good one!

      Delete
    2. We really, really did. And now, I'm kickin' back, all showered and veggin' out after a great jog. Bring on the new week. I'm ready!

      Hope your weekend was killer good, as well.

      Delete
    3. That is wonderful about the jog! You are doing so well. Our weekend was busy and quiet...if that makes any sense. I'm ready for the new week. Looks like rain for tomorrow morning but I hope it doesn't happen. I'd like to do some early morning walking!

      Delete
  8. Are you kidding me? Another week gone by already?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always forget to look at the theme when I start so I have to go back and find the theme and then I say ah ha now these photos make sense. Nicely done this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Red! So much to see out there when you slow down and look around!

      Delete
  10. Love the last photo's quote - and nice shot of the goose on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE what you see, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim! And there always is so much to see.

      Delete
  12. Lovely photos. The more you look, the more you see :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You outdid yourself. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, as always. I particularly like the reflection in the goose photo. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow loved the pics specially the reflection of the duck is so well captured ,you are great photographer dear ,
    glad that you are enjoying the relaxation and sights around ,have a cheerful blessed days Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baili. My favourite place to be is outside...with a camera in hand. So many beautiful things to see!

      Delete
  16. Great selection of photo's again ...
    That water does look good for a swim ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I'm guessing the water is just a tad too cool for me. Those birds are much braver!

      Delete
  17. I believe that robin is puffed up, it must be a bit cool where you are!
    Lovely photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. And trust me, that is a very pregnant robin. It was very warm when that photo was taken. And I've spotted a few female robins that are in the same condition. Their babies are usually born around this time, typically at the start of May, so I'm not surprised!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful pictures... Love to see the black and white shades. The tail of the squirrel is so fluffy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Always appreciated!

      Delete
  19. My favorite has to be the goose! Great reflection. I also enjoyed the sign--it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! There's always something to photograph. All you need to do is look around. But I'm guessing you already do that :)

      Delete
  20. Ah birds, I don't know whether to love 'em or hate 'em.

    The house behind us encourages pigeons which carry diseases, we have magpies in our yard at all times, vile little grey birds with yellow beaks and a variety or parrots and lorikeets, which are great, the pigeons not so much for all the shitting they do on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all birds are favourites but the little robins sure are :)

      Delete