Friday, April 29, 2016

Project 366: Week 17

Another Friday, another round of photos taken for ‘Project 366 – 2016’. This week has been very busy and the weekend will be, too. More on that another time. But despite everything, I did manage to put together seven images to share with you today.

This week's photo theme: Garden Awakenings


Friday, April 22, 2016
Daffodils
"One of the first flowers to put on a show in the spring."

Project 366, Day 113: Daffodils


Saturday, April 23, 2016
Dainty
"They may be small but these dainty flowers pack a punch in the garden.”

Project 366, Day 114: Dainty


Sunday, April 24, 2016
Bold and Beautiful
"Red is one of the most eye-catching colours in the garden."

Project 366, Day 115: Bold and Beautiful


Monday, April 25, 2016
Unfurling
"One of the most beautiful sights in the garden is the first signs of a plant making its way into the world after a long winter."

Project 366, Day 116: Unfurling


Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Dandelions
"They may be a nuisance to you on your lawn, but dandelions are beneficial in so many ways.”

Project 366, Day 117: Dandelions


Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Pretty In Purple
“Purple is associated with words like mystery, royalty, prestige, magic and spirituality. In the garden, it's simply beautiful.”

Project 366, Day 118: Pretty In Purple


Thursday, April 28, 2016
A Burst Of Colours
“Why settle on just one colour? This little plant is doing it right!”

Project 366, Day 119: A Burst Of Colours


What I've learned this week:
Take breaks in the garden and let nature soothe you.
Overcast days are fabulous for photographing flowers.
Every single spring I am always in awe of the way the earth awakens.
I am grateful for another week and all the joys it has brought with it.


And that’s it for now. Thanks for visiting, everyone, and have a beautiful weekend!

44 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Martha! These were all exquisitely beautiful! I loved the last one the best. Such vibrant colors and you did a fantastic job capturing them!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Betty! There is so much beauty in the garden.

      Delete
  2. I think my allergy are acting up... I started sneezing while looking at those flowers!

    "A Burst Of Colors" I don't think I ever saw that plant, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't survive in my garden, Richard, with those allergies! So many flowers...

      Delete
  3. Your garden awakes beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other night on the news they were talking about the rapidly declining bee population and that you could leave the dandelions. Our neighbours have enough for 10 yards but at least now I have an excuse when they spring up in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dandelions are very much appreciated by the bees!

      Delete
  5. Most exquisite and beautiful 'Garden Awakenings', such lovely colours.

    Enjoy the weekend, it is nearly here!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and words of gratitude.
    I think dandelions are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow the colours are really coming out in the garden! really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to see all this colour after the winter!

      Delete
  8. Garden awakening is a good title. You found all kinds of great color. So I should take flower pictures on a cloudy day. I'll remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good time for that. You won't have harsh shadows showing up in the photos, which is what the sun does, particularly around the noon hour. Of course, morning or late day sun is always nice. It adds a really nice touch to the plants.

      Delete
  9. Your floral photography has always been top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blooms. I much prefer overcast days for taking photos. I made your red lentil soup recipe and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is great! I'm glad you liked it. It's one of my favourites.

      Delete
  11. Your photographs are always so amazing. ALL of those are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! Taking photos in the garden is a favourite pastime.

      Delete
  12. I just recently learned how really important dandelions are to the bees. I know they are a nuisance and considered as weeds, but the bees need them, so I ask that people remember that before putting poison on them and affecting the bees too. Oh, and Martha, I love your photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! And yes, those dandelions have a very important role with bees. Personally, I don't care for perfectly manicured lawns. I find the whole chore very tiresome!

      Delete
  13. Superb!
    LOVE the Dandelion!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful macro shots Martha! Love daffodils and their scent, so subtle and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sharpness and depth of these photos is remarkable. I especially like the dew drops on the flower petal.
    Happy May, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Sure thing. We are gonna set up my white box soon for food photos. But these last two weeks have been about digging, ditching and donating.

      Delete
    2. That is great! I can't wait to see the photos.

      Delete
  17. Good morning Martha and happy Monday! You really captured the gamut of spring colors here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy May, Keith! Thanks for stopping by. Spring is the most amazing season of the year. It's definitely my favourite.

      Delete
  18. The flower shots are gorgeous. They are HD wallpaper materials :)

    ReplyDelete