Tuesday, April 19, 2016

You Asked, I Answer (Favourite Photographs)

I am really pressed for time this week, so today I'm going to answer a single question from this year's 'Ask Me Anything’ post.

Here we go...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kay asked:
I wanted to ask you Martha, you are a FANTASTIC photographer. What is your very FAVORITE photograph, or maybe the top 5 that is on your blog? I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos!

First, thank you, Kay! That is really kind. But that's the way you roll.

Second, I have taken thousands of images over the years and there are so many that I love for one reason or another that it's next to impossible to choose the top five. So instead of narrowing it down to that small a number, which will take me forever, I'm going to share twelve photographs that rise to the top. I hope you like them!

Autumn Scene

The Duck

In The Country

In The Garden

"Ribbit...Ribbit"

Across The Water

Autumn

Abandoned

Reflections

Under The Bridge

Project 366, Day 43: The Clock Keeps Ticking

At The End Of The Tunnel

I could easily have added another dozen but I think this is more than enough for one post. Over the years I imagine there'll be a lot more photographs to share.

And that's it for today. Short and sweet. Thanks to Kay for her lovely comment and interesting question, and thanks to all of you for stopping by. More answers next week!

Have a great day, everyone.

42 comments:

  1. Wow. These photos are all so beautiful it would be extremely difficult to pick a favorite. I absolutely love the third photo of the clouds over the fields (maybe I should go with that as my favorite), but I love the 5th and 6th photos too...and everything else as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! It was difficult choosing favourites when there are so many I like but it was also fun looking through old images!

      Delete
  2. Ok you are mega talented, you should do this for a living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breath taking picture Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These truly are among your most STUNNING photos, Martha! They are award worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG those are awesome!!! What an artist you are!!! I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and stunning scenery in some of those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved them all; but that broken chair could tell a story, don't you think??

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Betty. I've titled it "Urban Landscaping"; this is what some humans plant in the world. It is one of my favourite images because it does have a story to tell. A very important one.

      Delete
  8. WOW they are all so amazing and I actually remember some of them the first time you posted them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photographs! I'd be proud of these images too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first one best, with the trees over the water. That sunken house is so spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something creepy about that house. Every year I go back to visit and it's sunken even more.

      Delete
  11. That's quite a collection! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The clouds over the farm is number one all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dramatic clouds are one of my favourite things in an image. I love when there are days like that!

      Delete
  13. #3 and 9! Spectacular! As are the rest, Martha.
    The 'Zen of Photography' by Martha Plousos........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I hope you're doing well. Off to the cottage this weekend? The weather has been spectacular lately.

      Delete
  15. These are awesome! I think we can all see why they're some of your favorites :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! I hope you are enjoying a great day.

      Delete
  16. Each one of these is lovely...
    Each one has something that seems to draw you into the picture ...

    A lovely selection, thanks for sharing them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan, for dropping by and for your kind words. I hope you had a beautiful day!

      Delete
  17. These are all terrific, but I am loving your frog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And that is an absolute favourite because it's one of the first photos taken with my DSLR!

      Delete
  18. Holy cupcakes, Martha. You are mega talented. Well done. This look pro.

    You're my last stop this morning, now I'm off to bake for fun. Not for work. Making a travel-friendly bake to take to Barnes later. Just in case we stay awhile.

    Have a yummy weekend and boogie boogie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wonder Woman! A lot of my photos are taken for fun but some of them are meant to be artistic, so I put more effort into them. A trip to Barnes sounds like fun! I hope you have a great day.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that! We all need a little boost now and again :)

      Delete