Saturday, May 21, 2016

Project 366: Week 20

I may be late again posting my weekly photos for ‘Project 366 – 2016’ but here I am. This time of year keeps me quite busy indoors and out, but I manage to find time for the things I enjoy. Like taking pictures. And when do I take them? Whenever I can. Wherever I can. A lot of them are snapped during leisurely strolls with a point and shoot camera that I never leave home without. Because there are so many interesting things to see and so much beauty to be found along the way.

This week's photo theme: Evening Stroll


Friday, May 13, 2016
A Fork In The Road
"Which way?"

Project 366, Day 134: A Fork In The Road


Saturday, May 14, 2016
Green Space
"A serene walking area right behind the homes.”

Project 366, Day 135: Green Space


Sunday, May 15, 2016
Lilacs In Bloom
"It’s that time of year."

Project 366, Day 136: Lilacs In Bloom


Monday, May 16, 2016
Gone To Seed
"The dandelions are done."

Project 366, Day 137: Gone To Seed


Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Camouflage
"Do you see the heron?”

Project 366, Day 138: Camouflage


Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Litter
“Not what you want to see.”

Project 366, Day 139: Litter


Thursday, May 19, 2016
Alone In The Water
“The contrasting colours capture your attention.”

Project 366, Day 140: Alone In The Water


What I've learned this week:
Lilacs are breathtakingly beautiful.
Spring is a season of many awakenings.
It’s not the camera you use, it’s what you see.
Get outside as often as you can. There is an amazing world out there.


And that’s a wrap. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

44 comments:

  1. Lovely series of photos Martha. I never leave home without a camera, or sometimes two :) Enjoy the lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! You never miss a shot when you have a camera with you.

      Delete
  2. You are such a natural photographer, even make those discarded smarties look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! That's really nice of you to say.

      Delete
  3. That heron picture should be on a calendar! So beautiful! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice taking a walk in the spring when everything is green and blooming! I like your last shot the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Christine! And your pictures make me want to get out for more walkabouts, I've certainly been indoors quite a lot lately. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Step outside and breathe in the world :)

      Delete
  6. I did see the heron and loved its reflection in the water! Enjoyed your stroll this week. Great pctures!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I manage to find time for the things I enjoy. Like taking pictures."

    Amen to that.

    PS: Great to see your pictures here, these days. I still remember your old blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must always make time for things we enjoy. Always!

      Delete
    2. Yes, and right now, I'm enjoying sewing.

      Hope your weekend is/was killer. I think I'm
      all caught up here. Was fun seeing all your
      pictures and reading your post and now ...
      time to do dish. Made apple cinnamon
      pancakes for breakfast.

      What did you guys have today?

      Delete
    3. Apple cinnamon pancakes! I bet your house smelled wonderful!

      Delete
  8. I love the "evening stroll" theme...I love that dandelion picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilacs are not blooming over here yet.

    I did see the heron, what about the turtle on bank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turtle is in ninja mode. Totally invisible :)

      Delete
  10. I don't mind at all when you post your lovely photo's, I always enjoy looking at them.

    Happy Weekend Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan! I hope you had a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  11. great images. The last one makes me feel like I am floating in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "things you learned this week" = beautiful reminders;)
    thx for the visual dose of inspiration, as always martha<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great week of photos. In my head I know it's what you see. I'm still working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Red! We all have our own way of seeing things.

      Delete
  14. "Alone in the water".....WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with your statement "it's not the camera you use, it's what you see." The fact is that most of us can't see the beauty in the little details of things such as you do. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! Photography forces me to notice the details. I'm grateful for that, to be honest!

      Delete
  16. The last two photos are just riveting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of these, especially the first one because I could go there in my chair...Thanks and I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think dandelions will last millions and millions of years since they are so hard to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that's a lilac tree... I wondered once when I read 'Night Watch' by the late Sir Terry Pratchett. (too lazy to google it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it. And they smell wonderful when they're in bloom.

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. They are in full bloom right now. So many of them! It's such a beautiful sight.

      Delete