Sunday, May 29, 2016

Project 366: Week 21

It’s been an insanely busy week for us and photography has been a real challenge. But I’m finally here with another round of photos for my ‘Project 366 – 2016’. At times I think I must have lost my mind when I committed to this. But mostly I’m thankful for it. It forces me to step away from the daily grind for awhile and focus on something much more enjoyable.

This week's photo theme: Close To Home


Friday, May 20, 2016
Greenery
"The world is more beautiful when we’re surrounded by greenery."

Project 366, Day 141: Greenery


Saturday, May 21, 2016
Surveillance Spot
"Checking out the surroundings.”

Project 366, Day 142: Surveillance Spot


Sunday, May 22, 2016
The Bridge
"We have crossed this countless times."

Project 366, Day 143: The Bridge


Monday, May 23, 2016
A Feathered Friend
"Evening walks are much more interesting when we run into some winged friends."

Project 366, Day 144: A Feathered Friend


Tuesday, May 24, 2016
The Pond
"No matter how many times I visit, I can never get enough of this pretty little pond.”

Project 366, Day 145: The Pond


Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Flowers
“Pretty blooms add extra joy to an evening stroll.”

Project 366, Day 146: Flowers


Thursday, May 26, 2016
Maple Leaves
“You know you’re in Canada when you’re surrounded by these.”

Project 366, Day 147: Maple Leaves


What I've learned this week:
There is beauty close to home.
Being near the water calms me.
Stepping away from the daily grind is vital even if it’s only for a little while.
Life is more interesting with a camera in hand!


And that’s all for this week. I hope you’re all enjoying a wonderful weekend.

22 comments:

  1. Ah, life is more interesting with a camera in YOUR hands. Some of the rest of us have no business being near one, let alone using it. I always love your photos. The vivid color of the flower is breathtaking. There is something calming about being near water, I agree. I think just being out in nature is soothing to the body and the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! Your comments are always so kind and considerate. Being out in nature is definitely soothing to the body and the mind!

      Delete
  2. It is good that you are keeping up with this, even in the midst of a hectic week. I too would enjoy spending time at that pond! Wonderful pictures!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what I like best about this is that it forces me to slow down and enjoy life!

      Delete
  3. All fine especially the pond and flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers, flowers everywhere... The photo possibilities are endless!

      Delete
  4. Yep, you learned four good things. I wish the rest of the world could learn these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to get caught up in things we're busy with and forget to kick back and relax!

      Delete
  5. I admire you for sticking with your photography, even when life gets busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...and I totally agree with Red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the one of the pond - but they are all good.
    Top marks too for continuing this great project, it is one ALL of your readers are enjoying.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. That's very kind of you to say!

      Delete
  8. Life is more interesting with a camera in hand.... true.
    Now everyone is a photographer with their phones in their pockets! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, now everyone seems to be a photographer! Some of those smartphones take amazing images.

      Delete