Saturday, June 4, 2016

Project 366: Week 22

This week had a more leisurely feel to it but the frantic pace of the weeks leading up to it finally caught up with me and left me very tried. I made a halfhearted effort to take photos but it’s better than no effort at all.

The images this week are a result of challenging myself to notice things that are not in direct view. So...

This week's photo theme: Look Up, Look Down


Friday, May 27, 2016
Crushed
"Even though it’s crushed and level with the ground, litter still stands out."

Project 366, Day 148: Crushed


Saturday, May 28, 2016
Blooming Trees
"The sky is decorated with beautiful flowers this time of year.”

Project 366, Day 149: Blooming Trees


Sunday, May 29, 2016
Coming Together
"Wood and greenery have become intertwined."

Project 366, Day 150: Coming Together


Monday, May 30, 2016
Mish Mash
"Shapes and textures and colours..."

Project 366, Day 151: Mish Mash


Tuesday, May 31, 2016
By The Water
"There is always something to see when you’re walking along the dock.”

Project 366, Day 152: By The Water


Wednesday, June 01, 2016
Tree Meets Sky
“Green and blue come together.”

Project 366, Day 153: Tree Meets Sky


Thursday, June 02, 2016
The Deep End
“Where the ferry docks.”

Project 366, Day 154: The Deep End


What I've learned this week:
Take some time to notice what’s above and below.
The frantic pace eventually catches up to you. Take a break.
The sights, the sounds, the smells...nothing quite compares to being outside.
It’s June already? The year is going by too quickly!


That wraps up another week. Wishing you all a terrific weekend.

36 comments:

  1. I saw little all over the place in a park near my house. One was to some meat that should have been cooked with a grill or oven. How it made it out to the park I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some places it's harder to find interesting things, although not impossible!

      Delete
  2. You always have such a feel for weathered wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE weathered wood. It's just so damn interesting visually.

      Delete
  3. You are right; this year is going by so incredibly fast! I like them all; loved the one with the rope on the dock. Have a restful weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to see the world through your lens Martha ... you have such an eye. I love the perspective on the dock photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's easy when we live in such an interesting world.

      Delete
  5. You are quite the observer of things around you, Martha. Nice job!
    Rest is good, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest is definitely good, Jim. And we need to slow down sometimes!

      Delete
  6. "The sky is decorated with beautiful flowers this time of year.” Love it!

    Coming Together and By The Water were my favorite photos. Thanks for the art-escape, I enjoyed them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Those tree blooms are eye candy.

      Delete
  7. Another nice collection of photos. My favorite was the flowering tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of photo's again.
    All so different, but all so lovely.

    Please take care, life can be too hectic at times!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly can be hectic at times, Jan, so we need to slow down once in awhile. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  9. You collected a wide variety of photos this week. Good advice to look up and down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we miss neat things when we just look straight ahead. I imagine you understand that since you go bird watching!

      Delete
  10. Wow...Loved the variety...You take such wonderful photos...Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "The frantic pace eventually catches up to you. Take a break."

    For me, frantic pace doesn't work. Instead, it only puts things further behind, I find. But anyway, congrats. I love learning new stuff when I'm doing projects.

    Happy New Week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frantic seems to find me sometimes and I don't mind if it comes in short spurts. I do know when to slow down, though, so that's good!

      Delete
    2. Very cool. And now you have your colouring books.

      During the day, when I need a break from putting the house back together (after ditching 80 percent of my own stuff), I go sit outside with my Kindle Paperwhite. This thing, I can use it in the sun. Oh my gosh. What a lovely sit down with tea.

      Anyway, happy weekend.

      Delete
    3. That is the best kind of break! Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
    4. THanks. Happy New Weekend to you!

      Delete
    5. I hope you've had a great one so far! We'll be heading out soon to enjoy some time outdoors.

      Delete
  12. Enjoyed seeing all your pics. Each one has it's own unique features in them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the blooming trees and also the blue sky...and it is so sad when people litter! Makes me kind of angry when I see those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very frustrating! People shouldn't litter. This is our home!

      Delete