Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Project 366: Week 27

So here we are at week 27 for this project. I’m late again posting the photos for that period but that really can’t be helped. There is a lot going on lately and I’m just happy that I’m keeping up with this.

This week's photo theme: In The Garden


Friday, July 01, 2016
Daisies
"One of the most anticipated flowers of the season."

Project 366, Day 183: Daisies


Saturday, July 02, 2016
Clematis
"A garden favourite.”

Project 366, Day 184: Clematis


Sunday, July 03, 2016
Green and Yellow
"A neon-coloured display."

Project 366, Day 185: Green and Yellow


Monday, July 04, 2016
Bold and Beautiful
"A garden is that much more beautiful with the colour red in it."

Project 366, Day 186: Bold and Beautiful


Tuesday, July 05, 2016
Pretty In Purple
"These flowers may be small but their impact is huge.”

Project 366, Day 187: Pretty In Purple


Wednesday, July 06, 2016
Mellow Yellow
“A reminder of sunshiny days.”

Project 366, Day 188: Mellow Yellow


Thursday, July 07, 2016
Gorgeous Green
“You don’t always need flowers to make a garden beautiful.”

Project 366, Day 189: Gorgeous Green


What I've learned this week:
The garden is a sanctuary for the soul.
Working in the garden is very meditative.
A personal garden is a little bit of nature right in your own backyard.
Every day, there is something new and wonderful to discover in a garden.


And that is the end of another week. Wishing you all a wonderful Tuesday!

41 comments:

  1. I love the "Pretty in Purple" photo best--such beautiful flowers! Green and Yellow is the runner-up for me. Spending time in my flower garden is something I enjoy. It's a peaceful, beautiful place (except for the weeds, which I work so tirelessly to eradicate)... My flowers have listened to me laugh, watched me cry, and heard me pray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "My flowers have listened to me laugh, watched me cry, and heard me pray."

      Bethany, that is the most beautiful statement I will read today!

      Delete
  2. Your photos improve each week. These are amazing. Great job and great beauty captured. You DO have the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW such stunning photos. I love that red flower with the yellow edges. You can tell I have a black thumb because I have no idea of its name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is born with a green thumb. It takes practice!

      Delete
  4. So intricately beautiful! Can't pick a favorite because they are all so good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! You must have a gorgeous garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at its best this time of year. Flowers everywhere!

      Delete
  6. Your garden is glorious, Martha! You captured the plants beautifully. I say plants because I've learned that leaves can be stunners, like that third photo down. Have a great day! Sending you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful flowers in your photos. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Love this series :) Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, a garden that you plant and maintain has a personal relationship with you. friend used to go out in the morning and talk to his plants. He would ask them how they are today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really nice! I often do that with my plants but more so with the backyard visitors like the squirrels, birds, chipmunks...

      Delete
  10. I might have missed the post. Have you sold your house yet? Does/Will your new house have a big yard for your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, Birdie. I don't know what the new house will have until we get into a new house :) But trust me when I say that I will not move into a place that doesn't have room for a garden. But not too big. I want one that is manageable!

      Delete
  11. That's the perfect theme for you, with your love of gardens and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, these were all a joy. I love gardens, garden centres, and just looking at lovely plants and flowers.

    That clematis has got to be my favourite.

    Happy Tuesday Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. As an avid gardener, I love each and every one of those photos. You capture the vibrant colors so beautifully.

    Totally agree with you that gardening is a sanctuary of the soul and very meditative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place to unwind! Hope you're having a great day, Cheryl!

      Delete
  14. The flowers are gorgeous! I love flowers but I am too lazy to do any gardening.
    And also too lazy to walk and photograph flowers.
    Lazy, me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your garden...will you have one in your new place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intention of moving to another place with no garden! No way :)

      Delete
  16. These are wonderful - so much depth and beauty. Very nice, Martha. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I hope you're having a wonderful summer so far. I'm enjoying your photos on Instagram!

      Delete
  18. Flowers always brighten up a dreary garden, or lawn.

    ReplyDelete