Sunday, July 3, 2016

Project 366: Week 26

We’re at week 26 and you know what that means? That I’m halfway through this project! YUSS! Go me.

This week's photo theme: All Over The Place


Friday, June 24, 2016
The Retirement Residence
"This is one place I wouldn’t mind living in during my retirement years."

Project 366, Day 176: The Retirement Residence


Saturday, June 25, 2016
Filtered Light
"This softly lit spot is such a peaceful setting.”

Project 366, Day 177: Filtered Light


Sunday, June 26, 2016
Water, Water Everywhere
"We are surrounded by beautiful water."

Project 366, Day 178: Water, Water Everywhere


Monday, June 27, 2016
Textures
"I’m always on the lookout for interesting textures to photograph."

Project 366, Day 179: Textures


Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Little Creek
"This small but lovely body of water runs right through the city.”

Project 366, Day 180: Little Creek


Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Old Wooden Doors
“Another favourite photography theme.”

Project 366, Day 181: Old Wooden Doors


Thursday, June 30, 2016
Downtown Kingston
“One of the views from the downtown harbour.”

Project 366, Day 182: Downtown Kingston


What I've learned this week:
When I set my mind to it, I can stick with a project!
The summer season is filled with photo opportunities. And adventures.
Slow down. Slow down. Slow down. I can’t stress that enough.
Our world is filled with beauty.


And that wraps up another week. We are now into July. Can you believe it? I hope you’re all enjoying a beautiful weekend.

32 comments:

  1. Thanks for another set of beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Martha, your photos are always so very good.
    And yes, I want to live in that retirement home too, it's gorgeous! The lighting on that photo is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! Halfway through! WTG for sticking with it :) I love the retirement place too and both pictures with the blue water are absolutely stunning!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! I'm so happy I'm halfway through this project. It's hard to believe that half the year is over!

      Delete
  4. I need to Slow Down. I really do. Thanks for the reminder. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos today, and I'm in for that retirement residence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos this week. I have to slow down and start taking photos again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. And you can share them with us!

      Delete
  7. Nice collection of photos! I'd love to live in that fancy retirement home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful building. But WAY too pricey!

      Delete
  8. Our retirement homes are the normal old, plain and boring versions, definitely not like that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots of those in Canada, too. This one is an exception. And very expensive to live in!

      Delete
  9. I'd like a yurt or a container home...love the last photo best. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our downtown area is really pretty and I've taken a shot like that many times!

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness. That retirement home has a beautiful setting. I wonder if many of the residents get out to enjoy the view? I love the deep red wooden doors. I am a sucker for red doors. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine some of them do get out to enjoy the view but I've never walked by there during a time that they'd be doing that.

      Delete
  11. Martha, and you certainly have a handle on finding that beauty!
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another set of beautiful pictures.
    Amazing how the light works in each one, something we may take for granted as we go about our every day chores ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. We do take a lot for granted but when we slow down we can notice these things!

      Delete
  13. Just gorgeous, Martha! "Filtered Light" really speaks to me! I'm always on the hunt for textures too, and you found a wonderful shop. I like to feel the surfaces in my mind when I look at such a photo. You're probably back home and into the swing of things. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! It is really nice to see you here. I've been visiting your blog but haven't been commenting. I'm just a little overloaded these days and just keeping up with everyone is more than enough!

      Delete
  14. "Our world is filled with beauty". So right! We see it everywhere...if we chooseto.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! We visit a lot of retirement homes, but that one looks like a really nice one! I can hardly imagine how expensive it would be to live in! Some of these "average" retirement places are more expensive to stay at than the Marriott or Doubletree Hilton... especially the nursing facilities.

    Love your shot of Downtown Kingston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is extremely expensive, Bethany. If I remember right, the starting price is about $3,500 a month or thereabouts. So although it is beautiful, there's no way I could retire there!

      Delete
  16. Nice one :)
    The textured walls do make photos classy.

    ReplyDelete