Saturday, July 16, 2016

Project 366: Week 28

Week 28 has arrived much too quickly! It’s been a little hectic for us once again and photography has been quite a challenge. So. I’ve thrown together a few images to keep up with this project. Nothing earth shattering, but at least I’m keeping up.

This week's photo theme: Randomness


Friday, July 08, 2016
Power
"Running through these lines all day, every day."

Project 366, Day 190: Power


Saturday, July 09, 2016
Greenery
"This area is overflowing with it.”

Project 366, Day 191: Greenery


Sunday, July 10, 2016
A Shady Area
"I’m not sure why, but this looks creepy to me."

Project 366, Day 192: A Shady Area


Monday, July 11, 2016
Fun On The Water
"Someone is enjoying this beautiful day."

Project 366, Day 193: Fun On The Water


Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Lilies
"My favourite plant in the garden.”

Project 366, Day 194: Lilies


Wednesday, July 13, 2016
There’s A Storm Up Ahead
“It doesn’t seem to bother this feathered family.”

Project 366, Day 195: There's A Storm Up Ahead


Thursday, July 14, 2016
No Longer In Use
“But photograph worthy.”

Project 366, Day 196: No Longer In Use


What I've learned this week:
To slow down and breathe. And take photographs.
In addition to photography, a trip to the bookstore does wonders for me.
I wish everyone could just stop and look around and be amazed by the world we live in.
Accept what you cannot change and focus on what you can.


And that’s it, my friends, for this week. Wishing you all a wonderful rest of the weekend!

34 comments:

  1. I like your line "accept what you cannot change and focus on what you can." That is great advice!

    I agree, that shady shot does look a little creepy!

    All great pictures!

    Have a great weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, I don't know why that image creeps me out but it does. There's something about it, isn't there? Looks weird.

      Delete
  2. I always love your photos, beautiful lines captured today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - I really like that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do randomness anytime. You caught lots of good images. I like the old garage door. If it could talk, what stories it could tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randomness is always fun. It's hard to stick to one topic, especially this time of year!

      Delete
  5. I enjoy this series of photos. They are quite good. Your first one certain has power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Summer has arrived in Kingston!
    It's a wonder that anything grows at all under those power lines!
    Great selection this week, Martha.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? And yet, Mother Nature always finds a way!

      Delete
  7. Does your community have a problem with geese? We recently had to do a cull because they are taking over school fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I know of. We do have a lot of geese near the water certain times of the year but I haven't heard anything in local news about their presence being a problem.

      Delete
  8. Loved your words which have grave effect on mind ,love your positive attitude about learning as to me this is the only thing which is source of true pleasure, God bless you always dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our grandkids call the hydro towers 'aliens in the field', probably something from when they were young and it has stuck with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always fun to see the world through your camera's sense, Martha! And I agree that shady spot is creepy ~ it reminds me of a lynching, especially with that long branch hanging down. Have a good one! May next week be less hectic for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise, I think you hit the nail on the head! A lynching. That's what it reminds me of! Holy moly...

      Delete
  11. I agree about the Shady Area looking creepy though I don't know why. That last one is very poetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure what it was either that bothers me but Louise (right above) made a great point! Thanks for stopping by, Kathleen. Always nice to see new people here!

      Delete
  12. Love bookstore trips. Woohoo.

    My top pick photo is the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your variety of subjects. I think my favorite is the last.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right Martha people need to slow down and take a look and enjoy what is all around them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! There's a beautiful world out there.

      Delete
  15. I love the water themes ...
    We've been experiencing very high temperatures so they are quite cooling ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been the same here, Jan, and being near the water feels cooler! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  16. everything is beautiful in some angles...

    ReplyDelete