Sunday, August 7, 2016

Project 366: Week 31

Week 31 has come and gone quickly, and we are now into August. I’ve managed to keep this project going up until now and since I’ve come this far, I feel extremely confident that I’ll be able to finish it. That’s a pretty good feeling.

This week's photo theme: Some Of This And Some Of That


Friday, July 29, 2016
The Geese
"Enjoying the waterfront."

Project 366, Day 211: The Geese


Saturday, July 30, 2016
Backyard Lilies
"A favourite garden flower.”

Project 366, Day 212: Backyard Lilies


Sunday, July 31, 2016
Boats
"With high temperatures and no rain, this little creek is drying up.”

Project 366, Day 213: A Drying Creek


Monday, August 01, 2016
Boats
"The threat of rain in Cornwall, Ontario doesn’t encourage someone to take a boat ride."

Project 366, Day 214: Boats


Tuesday, August 02, 2016
In The Country
"Photographing old barns is always fun."

Project 366, Day 215: In The Country


Wednesday, August 03, 2016
Greenery
"This entrance is hugged by it.”

Project 366, Day 216: Greenery


Thursday, August 04, 2016
Abandoned
“No longer in use. Is demolition in its future?”

Project 366, Day 217: Abandoned


What I've learned this week:
I am so grateful for the invention of cameras. Particularly digital cameras!
If you don’t want to miss an opportunity to capture a moment, always have a camera with you.
Seasons come and go so quickly. Too quickly.
Every day offers us a glimpse at something different. Look around and you will see it.


And that’s that. I hope you’ve all been enjoying a wonderful weekend.

32 comments:

  1. Every day, really does offer us a glimpse at something different. I love that so much. Good lessons again, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wonder Woman! How are the renovations going? Did you bust anything else?

      Delete
    2. The closet in the movie room is OUT. I never did that before. My first one ever and it was great to see how it was built. I'm learning a lot by taking things down.

      In food writing news, I've been working on a safe-for-me to eat pastry crust and cracker cookie things. Pretty cool working in my lab again.

      What are you cooking these days?

      Delete
    3. You are practicing to take over the world! Hahaha... Good for you for keeping busy. I've been pretty sluggish lately. Most meals are quick fixes. It's too hot to run the oven. It would probably blow up the air conditioner which is already working overtime!

      Delete
    4. Thanks to my immune system, I must take lots of breaks but I don't mind a bit.

      This weekend, Tim started staining the bedroom closet doors. I made it into my new banner. Little by little we are fixing up the joint. Which is wildly easier with 90 percent of my stuff gone.

      Delete
    5. That is very cool. I'm heading over to your blog to check those doors out. Getting rid of stuff we don't need is a breath of fresh air.

      Delete
    6. Bedroom closet doors are up. Very cool.

      Delete
    7. I bet they look amazing. They turned out so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Oh, isn't that just the most PERFECT lily, captured at the height of its freshness and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad they don't last that long. They are the most amazing flowers!

      Delete
  3. beautiful photos today Martha, sorry for that drying creek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a project you've taken on, and are now into week 31. I did a 26 week alphabetical project which I managed to complete. I love digital cameras and have recently been going through old photographs, sure wish we had digital back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Digital cameras are the best. I really don't miss those film days!

      Delete
  5. Geese were all over the place near a trade school by me. A whole army of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was there water nearby? You can often find them near water. Sometimes in fields, too, if they're looking for food.

      Delete
  6. You have so many beautiful photos here; I don't think I can pick just one as a favorite. I love the lily, but the boats and the barn are also awesome. And the flowers by the water's edge are lovely in the photo with the geese. It would be neat to get a tour inside that abandoned building before it is demolished (provided it is safe). I was just at a historic home (sort of a museum) today, and the docent pointed out an old camera--it would have been a lot harder to take photos with than with the digital one hanging around my neck! For that matter, I might get neck strain if I tried to carry it all day! I'm with you on seasons going by too quickly. Tempus fugit! Good advice to look for the interesting in each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photography was very different in the past. I am so grateful for digital cameras! I would never go back to film. It was more challenging but also much more expensive! I love that Latin expression! Enjoy every moment, Bethany, and look for the good in every day. The years fly by!

      Delete
  7. I've not been carrying my camera this summer and I've missed some good things. Stting a theme makes you think about what you're looking at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made it a habit of taking one with me everywhere and now I can't leave home without it!

      Delete
  8. I love the first one with the roses and geese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice collection once again! You know the saying....."The best camera is the one you have with you."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the geese one, all of them so very nice! You put them together in a book and I would buy the book :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagined the door to my underground dungeon would be wreathed with greenery like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you'd go with something more sinister. That greenery looks too friendly! :)

      Delete
  12. The place in the first pic looks very relaxing. You got ducks, you got flowers, you got water, what more could you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Those are my favourite spots to relax in.

      Delete