Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Project 366: Week 33

Week 33 came and went very quickly, and how I managed to put together some photos to share is beyond me. With the intense heat of the summer, photographic efforts have been pretty lame. But here we are again. And here is another set of images to keep this project going.

This week's photo theme: Near The Water


Friday, August 12, 2016
Water, Water Everywhere
"There is no shortage of water views in my lovely city."

Project 366, Day 225: Water, Water Everywhere


Saturday, August 13, 2016
A Pretty Obstruction
"Late season flowers are blooming everywhere.”

Project 366, Day 226: A Pretty Obstruction


Sunday, August 14, 2016
Tranquility
"A peaceful moment by the water does the soul good.”

Project 366, Day 227: Tranquility


Monday, August 15, 2016
Reflections
"Despite the slight wind, a reflection has been captured."

Project 366, Day 228: Reflections


Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Parked On The Water
"Tourism season brings many boat lovers to Kingston."

Project 366, Day 229: Parked On The Water


Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Secluded
"This small island is across the city of Kingston.”

Project 366, Day 230: Secluded


Thursday, August 18, 2016
A Bridge Over Water
“On the left side is Canada; on the right is the United States.”

Project 366, Day 231: A Bridge Over Water


What I've learned this week:
Despite the heat, summer is one of the most incredible seasons.
The autumn season is not too far now!
I enjoy sitting by the water in deep thought.
This world we live in is breathtakingly beautiful.


And that’s that. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

42 comments:

  1. simply beautiful. I love the Golden Rod next to the water. Well, if I'm totally honest, I love them all. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. I hope your week has been a good one!

      Delete
  2. Your photos are comforting.
    Take care, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that building on the water a permanent structure? I have never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. There are a lot of buildings like that near the harbours.

      Delete
  4. Seven wonderful photo's ... I love the way the reflection shows in number four.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water and trees truly heal the soul. Add a nap, a journal or good book and I could be there for an eternity. That sunset pic, tho (#3 Tranquility) I think - glorious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it! That is the ideal setting for me, too.

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful photos! thanks for sharing ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your city looks so pretty. I had no idea there was so much water there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is water everywhere. In addition to Ontario being known for that, Kingston is situated along Lake Ontario.

      Delete
  8. Lovely photos Martha. You really are not enjoying this though Martha, I wonder if it is time to move on to other types of projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been tougher to get images in this heat, which can be frustrating. I think it'll get better once the weather improves. I will finish this project no matter what!

      Delete
  9. Those are beautiful photos. You've managed to capture late summer. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Kingston! I enjoyed seeing your city featured on Amazing Race Canada a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very beautiful city. We've explored it from top to bottom. I didn't know about Amazing Race Canada. That is cool!

      Delete
  11. Love your photos. Water is so calming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Cheryl. I'm always happiest near it. Hope your week has been a good one. We'll catch up on emails soon!

      Delete
  12. Great pictures and wise words at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a very interesting experience with this project. It's hard to believe the majority of it is done!

      Delete
    2. I like how you share what you learn.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I like to think about each week as it passes.

      Delete
  13. I like the reflection one. All very nice though! Take heart, fall is literally around the corner and with it, I hope cooler days for you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it, Betty, and all the interesting images that autumn has to offer!

      Delete
  14. I liked this theme. I liked the color that went throughout these photos. Peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaceful is a great feeling. I enjoy those types of moments!

      Delete
  15. Such beautiful blue water and lovely reflections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks, Adam. I hope you and Daisy enjoy the weekend.

      Delete
  17. Very serene...it is no wonder you love where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally needed the tranquility of this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it gave you that feeling, Toni. I hope everything works out well on your end!

      Delete
  19. These photos are lovely and calming, Martha! What a wonderful city you live in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great city, Louise. We have really enjoyed living here.

      Delete